Under the authority of the Board of Directors, the Deputy Director is responsible for the implementation of KT Care’s global mandate in Myanmar, and for the scope and quality of activities developed within this mandate
Tasks- REPRESENTATION ACTIVITIES IN MYANMAR
· Ensure the official and effective registration of the Foundation in Myanmar;
· Identify relevant coordinating institutions (Ministries, Agencies etc.);
· Participate in official meetings to ensure maximum visibility vis-à-vis national authorities;
· Establish and update contact details of potential Donors in-country;
· Participate in Donor meetings and communicate relevant information to Management Board;
· Ensure maximum visibility of KT Care amongst the NGO community;
· Lead the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
- SUPPORT KT CARE STRATEGIC PLAN’S IMPLEMENTATION
· Gather and analyse information regarding opportunities and risk;
· Define an operational strategy for finances and HR;
· Oversee drafting of projects and budget development;
· Lead fund-raising and negotiations with Donors;
· On authority of the Board of Directors, sign contracts negotiated in-country;
· Supervise overall financial commitments and financial risk.
· Ensure global coordination and complementarity amongst projects and areas of intervention;
· Assess activities and ensure efficient use of resources.
· Develop a reporting schedule with regard to Donor deadlines;
· Plan and supervise the development of narrative and financial reports;
· Ensure adherence to international standards and accountability procedures defined by the organization.
- OVERSEE STAFF AND SECURITY
· Organise and lead coordination meetings;
· Prepare and follow work plans;
· Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts);
· Ensure a building of capacity amongst technical staff in the relevant sectors.
· Follow recruitment procedures and processes with recommendations if required (new positions, changes to contract or salary etc.);
· Ensure that security procedures are respected by the whole staff
· Full time position. Occasional work outside of regular work hours may be required for special events, trainings, or other circumstances.
· Follow office rules and regulations
· Conduct work according to KT Care’s institutional procedures and policies
· To be an effective leader of the team, representing the organization vis-à-vis internal and external stakeholders
· Submit reports to the Board of Directors as required
· Complete work and deliver products in a timely and effective manner, adhering to schedules and deadlines
· Contribute ideas/initiative to the team to guide and build on the Foundation's activities & results, according to the strategic plan
· Master Level education in a relevant field such as Economics or Development
· Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development programmes
· At least ten years of work experience in the development/humanitarian sector, of which at least five in a high management position
· Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
· Working experience of Microsoft Office suite
- CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
· Excellent negotiating skills and the ability to inspire confidence in the organisation.
· Ability to work as part of a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and on own initiative.
· Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility in organizational terms.
· Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
· Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work, handle conflicting demands, and meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels.
· Ability to speak and write in Myanmar and English is required