▪ As a deputy HR Manager, you will supervise, coach and guide the HR Officers to ensure that the
staff-management policies and HR administration processes are well understood and correctly
▪ You will facilitate the collaboration and communication between sites and HR units.
▪ You will advise and guide line managers in fulfilling their People Management Objectives.
▪ You will manage HR projects and processes at delegation level like the annual salary review, the
performance management cycle, HR administration minimum standards, mobile workforce
planning, annual budget exercise and implementation, etc.
▪ You will contribute to harmonizing HR processes in the delegation and take initiative and make
proposals about HR solutions.
▪ You will establish a network of HR managers of other organizations and connect with interlocutors.
▪ Finally, you will develop knowledge and monitor and apply local labor laws.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent
organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims
of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC
also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and
universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva
Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Requirements and experience
▪ Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is a strong asset.
▪ At least 5 years’ work experience in a relevant field.
▪ Your communication skills should be excellent, and you should be fluent in written and spoken
English as well as Myanmar language.
▪ You should be able to create good working relationship in multi-ethnic, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
▪ Your computer skill should be excellent; good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HR
▪ Previous ICRC experience is also a strong asset.
▪ Strong influence capacity, partnership skills and sense of initiative
▪ Effective communication, networking and listening skills
▪ People person, service driven attitude and genuine sense of empathy
▪ Autonomous and adaptable, with ability to interact collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and
▪ Excellent writing and summarizing skills, and good knowledge of digital tools
▪ Robust organizational and prioritization capacities
▪ Capacity to exercise discretion
▪ Capacity to work under pressure in an area affected by armed conflict and violence in Myanmar
▪ A unique and rewarding opportunity to help the victims of violence in a fast-paced environment
▪ Initial training and on-boarding organized
▪ A 12-month contract extendable
▪ A competitive compensation package including medical coverage, transportation allowances and
▪ A training opportunity to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our
beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.