Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Electrical Engineer will provide support to the field-based construction supervisors and provide quality and quantity control to all M&E related works. Following
the schedule of works, the Electrical engineer will be responsible to travel to the site and supervise the quality
and progress of all Electrical related works. S/he will provide daily updates to the Project Manager and will
communicate and coordinate with the UNOPS infrastructure team, contractors and with internal and external
entities for successful completion of the project.
S/he will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
-In coordination with the full- time construction supervisors, identify existing electrical and mechanical related problems and suggest appropriate solutions in consultation with the Project Manager.
-Assist in the oversight of the implementation of works for the specific projects and monitoring of progress of electrical and mechanical related works according to contract schedules, specifications and project plans.
- Undertake measurement of electrical site works in support of contractor payment requests.
- Ensure the strict implementation of quality control standards and procedures on the sites and report regularly to the supervisor.
- Assist in the implementation of Environmental and Health & Safety measures in the project sites.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation, selection and supervision of building contractors for specified project work
Files and Reports:
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports on construction activities and submission of such on a weekly basis to the supervisor.
- Monitor and record appropriate eld data to validate contractors’ compliance to cross-cutting issues (gender, environment, sustainability, health and safety on site, etc.) as stipulated in the contract and detailed in the construction work programme.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
-Works will be closely supervised by the Project Manager
-Report site work progress to the Project Manager on a daily basis.
- A Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electro-mechanical engineering, Civil engineering or other related field is required.
- Master´s Degree in any of the above mentioned fields will be considered as an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) construction supervision for buildings is required.
- Experience working with UN or other Humanitarian/Development agencies is an asset.
- Experience in a contracting and/or consulting environment is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Myanmar language is required.