Role and responsibilities
The Emergency Response Technical Assistant is responsible for providing quality support to emergency
response pertinent to NRC NW’s programs, ensuring that distribution processes are in accordance with
NRC and donor’s guidelines and procedures. This includes preparation and management of distributions
processes liaising with programs and logistic department, and other stakeholders i.e. partner organization,
community leaders. He/she needs to be ready to be deployed in any of the NRC areas of operation with
short notice, in order to support NRC’s emergency responses.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be
short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
1. Support emergency activities in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements guided by
Support Coordinator (Emergency) and Emergency Response Officer
2. Adhere to NRC Emergency Standard Handbook and other NRC policies
3. Support the distribution operation of the Emergency program by identifying needs of distribution,
keeping up to date with information on movement of IDPs
4. Ensure emergency response related documents are well recorded and archived
5. Assist with the logistics and procurement activities related to emergency response and ensure that
they are conducted in accordance with NRC’s logistics handbook.
6. Support, liaise and coordinate with LOGs Department on warehouse management
7. Support LOGs Department on stock maintenance and warehouse tracker updates
8. Responsible for transport arrangement for distributions in coordination with LOGs for the teams
and on the site prior to distribution
9. Support Emergency officer in preparation for distributions and Liaising with community leaders,
volunteers, partners and beneficiaries.
10. Promote rights of conflict on disaster-affected people and ensure mainstreaming of protection
concerns in all emergency response activities.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of
operation, strategic focus and type of program intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new
employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
Conduct/participate in multi-sector assessments through Key Informant Interviews, Focus Group
Discussions, and meetings with key stakeholders and collate information into assessment reports
for each undertaken
Attend to all distribution activities, maintain record off and distribute vouchers
Maintain a database system, data entry, keep data up to date
Managing volunteers at site, organizing them into necessary roles, managing the crowd and
ensuring necessary information flows between all parties.
Ensuring distributions are calm and efficient and that any disputes are avoided/ resolved.
Ensuring all administrative tasks are complete i.e. beneficiary/ registration lists, entering data into
Responsible for coordination with M&E for Post Distribution monitoring (PDM) surveys
Representing the organization externally, under the guidance of line manager
In case of emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely
Ensuring that all relevant stakeholders have information about the organization’s background,
program, objectives, working areas, duration of programs and activities in the field
Perform ad hoc duties assigned by line supervisor
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
Bachelor Degree is advantage
Minimum 2 years working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context
Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts like Rakhine is a bonus
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Adequate knowledge of emergency response is a bonus but not essential
Adequate working knowledge of English is required
Computer Knowledge and skill related to the post
Context related skills; knowledge and experience:
Knowledge of context in Rakhine
Knowledge of Rakhine Language is desirable
Working with similar position in other organization
Experience in working with partners organization
Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
Capacity in learning
Security, political and cultural awareness