Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows:
• Managing all aspects of the day to day operations of the field finance
• Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines
• Review all payment supporting documents for completeness and internal
• Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness
• Review spreadsheets from field sites before uploading to sun
• Conduct monthly timesheets verification to ensure consistent adherence to
• Giving feedback to Field Finance staff regarding their monthly accounting
• Review cash and bank reconciliation monthly from field sites
• Serve as a technical resource person for the accounting department. Assist
on matters relating to payroll processing and be the finance focal person
on payroll issues.
• Support finance staff in the field locations.
• Train newly hired finance staff in IRC accounting and policies.
• Frequently travel to field sites for monitoring and training purposes.
• Recruitment for field positions.
• Gap-filling in the field in case of temporary absence of field finance staff.
• Supervise all activities done daily in the AST department.
• Focal person for audits.
• Act at all times in accordance with country law and standards of generally
accepted accounting principles.
• Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget
guidelines and instructions.
• Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and
• Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
• Be receptive to training provided and to develop technical and professional
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from the
Country Director and Finance Controller.
• Communicate with Finance Controller on security issues within the office
and outside the office.
• Report to the Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the
IRC office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures.
• In coordination with the supervisor, carry out appraisals for staff in the
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by the supervisor.
• Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of
Conduct (in-country and World-Wide) as per the IRC country office
reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the
part of all staff members.
• Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the
occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
• B.Com or LCCI level 3 diploma
• Minimum five years of experience in the NGO environment and/or audit sector and accounting experience or strong
knowledge of basic accounting principles. Minimum 3 year of supervising staff.
• Ability to travel to field sites
• Wiliness to work in conflict sensitivity area
• Strong leadership skill and team management skill.
• Adaptable, flexible and mature in judgment.
• Good communication skills , verbal and written
• Skills in MS Excel, MS Word
• Good command of English and Myanmar-written and verbal