Main areas of responsibilities
Lead the Field Marketing Team:
- Train for skills: acquire expert knowledge on Field Marketing way of working & needed processes.
- Coach in the field enhancing the teams' effectiveness using 'train the trainer' approach.
- In spill sense of urgency' to identify business opportunities - 'stay hungry' (for success) attitude.
- Ensure high-level of energy, motivation & passion among the Field Marketing team and lead a positive competitive environment (celebrate success together, spend quality off work)
- Create a work environment that tolerates - even demands - to make mistakes.
- Embrace to take controlled risks. At the same time ensure learning are taken and programs refined based on insights.
The incumbent regularly is in the field for:
- Team leadership: coach & evaluate the team on way of working, programs, attitude and collaboration. Facilitate communication & collaboration.
- Portfolio balance: ensure programs are balanced and meet portfolio strategy & priorities.
- Engage with stakeholders: align & influence key stakeholders such as Sales team, trade partners & distributor sales force.
- Insights: collect field insights to optimally support, build & enhance field marketing way of working concepts & processes.
- supports ad-hoc initiatives in-line with business priorities.
- Signs-off proposed programs.
- Works with central functions to optimize back-office support to the field.
- Build compelling reports including commercial KPIs that transparently indicate volume & SOM impact as a base for future steering.
- Facilitate data analysis to identify commercial business opportunities & new program ideas.
Objectives, budget & internal collaboration:
- Ensure program portfolio is optimally suited to achieve national business objectives.
- Budget Management including phasing.
- Understand back-office way of working and gain expert knowledge about available tools & resources that enable & facilitate Field Marketing.
- Know new product launch (NPL) calendar & process, portfolio strategy, brand objectives and consumer segmentation. Know relevant internal stakeholders from various teams.
- Tools / Data leverage all tools & system available to enhance program planning & measurement.
- Ensure program KPIs are installed & supervise measurement.
- Facilitate correct interpretation of results.
- Sound project management skills to steer & evaluate numerous work streams across territories.
- Leadership: Coach, inspire and motivate the team. Lead by example by engaging cross-functionally with key stakeholders regularly. Build 'sense of urgency' and sustain a positive competitive environment.
- Analytics: Ensure data from various sources (e.g. Nielsen, TME, Tracker, consumer segmentation, field insights) are used to identify locally relevant commercial opportunities. Understand the 'big picture' and know where to find missing data & resources.
- Planning: Understand back-office processes & resources in-depth and leverage sound project management skills. Use category management approach to drive JTI relevance for retailers and achieve retailer recommendation. Work closely with Field Strategy Manager to ensure availability of resources.
- Be Commercial: Focus on tangible, commercial results. Always install suitable measurement processes. Focus on sustainable volume driving programs and expansion of stick availability.
- Communication/ Influence: Natural communicator applying a targeted communication style tailored to stakeholders. Able to achieve results through others.
- Presentation: Build convincing presentations with a winning story-line to sell achievements and ask for resources.