Key Responsibilities & Duties
1. Conduct and Perform Bank matter such as Transferring, withdrawing and deposit to the
banks and vendor payments via bank.
2. Reviewed and checked cash forecast and cash request, for project activities and operations
on monthly basic with budget commitment.
3. To check that the incomes and expenditures (including in-kind contributions) have been
duly and properly recorded in the financial statements (including verification of exchange
rates used), that they are supported by proper evidence and wholly, exclusively and
necessarily incurred for the activities of the project as per the approved budget.
4. To check all vouchers related to the field’s office and project support and evaluating
adherence to established standards of acceptable accounting practices and check validity
accuracy and correctness of the all financial document.
5. Supervise or perform all field office balance sheet account reconciliations (including cash
accounts, prepaid, accrual, payable, receivable, bank balance and etc.) on monthly basis
and to ensure that discrepancies are removed and suggest measures for improving
6. Supervise and review all field office reports and provide timely feedback to field
finance staff on requirements.
7. To check that the contribution made by project and the matching funds have been duly
and properly recorded in the project financial statements and that they are supported by
8. Advising on and dealing with tax issues (income tax, commercial tax, Stamp Duty),
ensuring compliance with tax legislation.
9. Perform/Implement to ensure the reports generated by the accounting system
(Financial Software) are in line with the requirements of MHAA financial policy.
10. Undertake regular financial reporting assist to Senior Finance Staff under the guidance
of Financial Department Head Quarter and Project Manager.
11. Prepare Monthly/Quarterly/Bi-annual Financial Report regarding with MHAA
Financial reporting guideline and assist to senior finance staff for Donor reporting
12. Ensure that finance staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with the
existing Standard Operating Policy, and monitor the use of all funds.
13. Ensure Procurement plan and procurement process compliance with MHAA
procurement policy. Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy
14. Maintain and record all of the project inventory and asset are update.
15. Regularly undertaking audits, involving the examination of the organization's accounts,
analyzing risk, inspecting the organization's current practices, investigating any
financial irregularities and recommending improvement.
16. Liaising with internal and external auditors and dealing with any irregular financial issues
as they arise;
17. Discussing with project staff and the organization’s leader(s) to ascertain established
procedures and routines of the organization and provide recommendations if necessary;
18. Other related duties assign by the supervisor
Myanmar Health Assistant Association (MHAA), TB Hospital Road, Aung San, Insein Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Skills and Requirements
At least must have Bachelor’s degree or related accounting diploma (B.Com (or),
LCCI I,II,III )
At least 2 years working experience in related field mentioned above.
Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Internet & Email), including expertise in
Excel as an accounting and financial management tool as well as to prepare relatively
complex spreadsheets required
Good communication skills, verbal and written (Myanmar and English)
Knowledge and experience in the working environment of INGOs, NGOs and
Good interpersonal skills, team work, decision making.
Need to follow MHAA code of Ethics