- Provide analytical input related to the Project documents such as Financing Agreement, Letter to the Borrower, Project Design Report, IFAD Financial Management Guidelines/Hand book and Procurement Guidelines.
- Meeting with the Project Officials responsible for the Financial Management.
- When required, meeting with the officials of the Ministry of Planning and Finance (MOPF) and the Office of the Auditor General of Myanmar (OAG).
- Meeting with the Finance managers of the OA accounts, Project Director and the Project Coordinators of the Project Implementation Office.
- To conduct the workshop to test and finalize the templates, handbooks for internal use, fund flows and procurement flows proposed.
- Actively interact with other Project personals and groups to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies
- Complete lessons learned as per reporting format
- Incorporate lessons learned from others as per planning format
Core Values and Principles:
- Understand and respect UNOPS sustainability principles
Look for ways to embed UNOPS sustainability principles.
Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at work place.
- Understand and Respect National ownership and capacity
Understand the principles of the Paris Declaration on aid effectiveness and mainstream them into the project plans
Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts
- Partnerships and Coordination
- Understand the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and UNOPS, the project's place in the UN system
- Strive to build strong partnerships and effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g. United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organizations or other relevant partners)
- Accountability for results and the use of resources
- Service agreements, contracting, procurement of the works are in line with the role and regulation of the donor and transparent. To report to the project management in case of any doubt arising.
Contribute to innovation and the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability and quality.
- Financial Operation Handbook for internal use (including comprehensive fund flow, hierarchical approving procedure) has been produced (trial, testing, approving),
- Training conducted for Financial Operation Handbook
- Financial Reports and WAs produced in accordance with the recommended templates and formats timely.
- Master's Degree in Financial Management, Accounting Business Administration or other relevant discipline is required.
- University Degree (Bachelor's degree / first level) with a combination of two additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
b. Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years of Financial Management experience with the International Organization especially with the Loan Projects.
- Working experience with the Governments of Southeast Asia is preferable.
- Experience in Financial Auditing is preferred.
c. Language Requirement
- Fluency in both written and spoken Language in English and Myanmar are required.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type - Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA)
Contract level- LICA 8
Contract duration - 9 months (extension subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance)
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. ONLY MYANMAR NATIONALS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. ALL OTHER APPLICANTS WILL BE REJECTED.For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.