Position Title : Finance & Programme Administrator
Reporting to : Country Manager
Supervising : N/A
Start Date : October 2020
Contract Period : 1 year, extending yearly
Work Hours : Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
Salary : $400 - $600 USD (Gross) per calendar month (depending on experience)
About Prospect Burma
Myanmar is lacking the skilled, educated workforce it so badly needs to repair the country’s damaged infrastructure, and support the peaceful rebuilding of civil society. Prospect Burma believes that the best way to create positive and lasting change in the country is through investing in education. We provide education opportunities to dedicated, talented people from Myanmar who have a real plan for making a difference. We reach out to remote regions, including those affected by conflict, to help individuals determine the path for their future. We support them in their education abroad to gain much-needed skills and qualifications which they simply cannot get at home.
Prospect Burma is a small charitable organisation registered in the United Kingdom and in Myanmar. The organisation is not politically nor religiously affiliated and is committed to supporting the education of all the people of Myanmar.
Job Summary – Finance & Programme Administrator
The Finance and Programme Administrator at Prospect Burma will have responsibility for ensuring administrative and finance related works run smoothly as well as supporting programmes, working closely with the Country Manager at Yangon Office and the Finance Manager in the UK. They will have a key role in ensuring that all activities related to the administration and finance are fulfilled.
The Finance and Programme Administrator has a flexible “can-do” attitude, willing to take initiative on projects, and is good at building relationships with stakeholders, in particular young people.
The Finance and Programme Administrator will have experience with finance experience, data entry and analysis, good communication skills and enjoy organizing events. Some out of office hours’ work will be required and occasional travel within Myanmar will be necessary.
Under the leadership of the Country Manager and in coordination with the UK team, your role will be to:
• Record and classify daily transactions on a regular basis.
• Produce regular (normally monthly) finance reports, including cash flow forecasts, and bank reconciliation of all accounts within 10 days of period ends.
• Responsible for handling of petty cash.
• Responsible for payment of expenses upon the approval of Country Manager and/or Executive Director.
• Maintain a finance filing system at Prospect Burma Myanmar’s offices with such indexing and other supporting material to find vouchers and supporting paperwork for all entries in the accounting system
• Prepare the necessary paperwork on the annual accounts to hand on to the accountant / auditor within a month of year end
• Produce financial reports as instructed by the Country Manager Myanmar office and Finance Manager from UK office.
• Be available at reasonable notice to discuss finance matters with the Country Manager and other officers of Prospect Burma at its offices.
• Deal with tax authorities in Myanmar including tax reporting and payment.
• Receive donations and record in Database system.
• Ensure that all financial controls are in place and meet all required rules and regulations.
• Assist in building relationships with fresh graduate, alumni and current students to facilitate alumni networking and student support.
• Assist in collecting and entering students/alumni data in our database system.
• Assist in developing our Facebook Account, Page and Alumni group, website and other social media as required.
• In conjunction with the Country Manager and the UK team, support all administrative processes for projects, programmes and the Myanmar Office as a whole
• Assist in preparation of government related correspondences and keeping record.
• Assist in fundraising activities and other events;
• Provide logistical support with any travel of staff and visitors.
• Serve as receptionist of the office for receiving guests/visitors.
• Take care of office supplies and utilities.
• Coordinate for maintenance and repairing of office equipment, lightning, furniture, etc. when needed.
• Take care of office’s security and cleanliness.
• Undertake any other administrative tasks as required by the Country Manager.