- The fixed asset accountant position is accountable for recording the cost of newly - acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Principal accountabilities: Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary – level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed asset. Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the budget and management authorizations.
- good English Level
- fixed asset accounting experience
- Excellent Microsoft office skills, SAP