Serve as the primary contact and key support for administrative, operational and financial inquiries, activities and concerns. Work with Dean on the following matters:
· Manage budgets including line transfers, reconciling accounts and generating monthly and year-end reports.
· Participate in the development, preparation, and execution of annual budget and project estimated ending budget balances.
· Oversee and reconcile overall expenditures and non-compensation budget lines, including addressing variances, resolving budgetary issues, recommending funding sources and preparing drafts for yearly enhancement process.
· Provide oversight of departmental and graduate program budgets in consultation with departmental and program staff to ensure compliance with guidelines and approved budgets.
· Serve as the primary liaison between the Department and Financial Operations, Human Resources and other department.
· Maintain for budget remaining on a monthly basis.
· To establish departmental/ procedures and communication guidelines.
· Review, analyze and approve purchasing and expense requests in accordance with fiscal policy and within approval authority.
· Manage budgetary including travel; supplies; equipment; research funds; grants.
· Provide executive administrative support as needed to the Department.
· Oversee administrative areas and buildings that Company occupies to ensure adequate staffing and business appearance.
· Create and update administrative and travel/expense manuals.
· Monitor and ensure departmental compliance with policies and procedures;
· Develop, maintain and implement Staff Training Manual to provide updated resources to staff to utilize as a reference to stay within policies and procedures
· Develop and communicate Goals and Expectations for each staff member dependent on the department/program they are supporting
· Provide external resources such as workshops, webinars that staff can attend to help develop in areas that will strengthen them as a staff support other duties as assigned.
• Thorough understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, the office equipment, recordkeeping systems, management information systems, and related protocols used in the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Professional and tactful interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of personalities.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required.
• Five years of experience in administration including three years in a supervisory capacity, required.