· Responsible for the overall planning, direction and operation of the zoo & park facilities.
· Assigning and overseeing work involving education, animal care, animal collections, rehabilitation, facilities, customer service, public relations
· Managing and developing subordinate personnel through enforcement of performance standards
· Ensuring necessary training and development opportunities, and providing effective coaching and counseling as needed.
· Ensuring the proper care and exhibiting of all animals
· A Bachelor’s degree in Zoo Management, Veterinary Medicine, Business or Public Administration or a closely related field.
· Experience (8) years of progressive zoological operation experience, including four (4) years of management experience.
· Experience in an AZA accredited zoo is preferred but not necessary.
· The successful candidate will also have effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to make public presentations and new media releases; the ability to plan and oversee fundraising programs and establish and maintain effective relationships with local agencies, business and civic groups and the general public.