This Human Resources and Administration Manager role is responsible to drive the optimization of all aspects of the human resources (HR) management for the terminal to achieve business objectives through strategic HR planning, talent management, HR policy for the organization, managing employee relations, talent acquisition and onboarding, compensation and benefits administration, talent development and training, motivation, leave management, and other related activities. Additionally, this role will also have the oversight for planning, organizing, directing and/or controlling office management and the procurement activities for this terminal.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· In consultation with the leadership team, develop and execute the human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Analyse industry trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains the right talent.
· Creates talent development & training programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Develop policies and standard operating procedures relating to HR activities, specifically relating to employee disciplinary actions, terminations, and grievance handling and oversee the compliance with such requirements.
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices to ensure compliance.
· Keep abreast of current knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Continually monitor HR programs, policies, and procedures for effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance; make recommendations for improvement.
· Address and investigate all employee relations issues, together with legal counsel, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, etc.
· Oversee the administration & constant improvement of all benefits programs in compliance with local and state codes and regulations.
· Manage and monitor all job postings including the management of external recruitment firms and coordination of internal website postings.
· Provide technology and assist the hiring supervisors with interviewing and screening potential candidates including making recommendations for the best fit candidate for the job.
· Manage the onboarding process for all employees. This will include but not be limited to, preparing an onboarding schedule and presentations that are unified and consistent with the needs of the department and organization.
· In consultation with the leadership team, plan and manage personnel recognition programs and events (such as Employee Appreciation Day, Employee Service Awards, Staff Excellence Award Programs, etc.) including planning, scheduling, coordination, budget and logistics.
· Manage day-to-day office operations and oversee and coordinate overall office activities including office facilities management, maintenance requirement and supplies replenishment.
· Serve as the main point of contact for outsourced service providers such as IT, office printing, computing, etc. and ensure all needs and requirements are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
· Manages all aspects of purchasing function within the terminal, including supervising the procurement personnel and ensuring all buying and sourcing of goods and services comply with procurement procedures and policies for economy and efficiency of procurement activities.
· Manage long-range procurement planning and needs analysis to simplify and standardize services and commodities and to reduce annual procurement costs.
· Present recommendations on purchases requiring upper management approval.
· Carry out the yearly appraisal of subordinates.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Employee Diversity
· Employee Equity
· Recruitmemt cycle time
· Talent turnout rate
· Employee turnover
· Zero Safety incident
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks/projects
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Must be familiar with Myanmar labour and employee benefit related codes, laws and policies, both local and state, and industry best practices.
· Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
· Strong ability to communicate effectively in the English language and write routine reports and correspondence.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
· Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems and to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
· Proficient with MS Office programs.
· Experience in oil and gas terminal with vessel, barge, and truck operations.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Degree or Diploma holder.
· Five (5) years management experience in HR or related area, preferably in oil and gas sector or five (5) years of increasingly responsible management experience in HR related roles.
· Membership to any professional HR association.
· Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification.