Responsible to develop and execute Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high-performance culture with a view to create an environment where employees enjoy working and strive to deliver superior results. Responsible for ensuring the best and most qualified candidates are recruited and on-boarded to the company. Responsible for coordinating the implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff advice the company on Human Resources issues.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company.
· Establishes standard recruiting practices and guidelines and leads the recruitment of employees and senior staff needed for the effective running of the school.
· Interviews management and executive level candidates, serves as an interviewer for position finalists.
· Leads the succession planning process and provides regular updates on plans agreed upon.
· Constantly reviews sources of recruitment to identify new and more efficient ways recruit the best teachers & non-teaching staff into the company.
Training and Development
· Identify and run suitable training programs for teaching and non-teaching staff to help them develop and grow.
· Identify and run suitable programs to build a pipeline of successors for the various key roles in the business.
· Leads the implementation of the performance management system.
· Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget.
· Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
· Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
· Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
· Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
· Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the disciplinary process of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
Compensation & Benefits
· Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policy and oversees the reward systems within the company including bonuses and salary increments.
· Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
· Ensure the benefits programs of the company are competitive and in line with market practice.
· Ensure that the compensation & benefits practices follow and meet all legal requirements.
· Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
· Designs and directs and manages a company-wide process of Organization Development addresses issues such as succession planning, workforce development and key employee retention.
· Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys and employee focus groups.
· Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes SIS Myanmar as a great place to work.
Development of the Human Resources Department
· Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
· Oversees and manages work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
· Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams support, company philanthropic giving, and administration.
· Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
· Leads the development of department goals and works with the HR team to achieve them.
· Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
Human Resources Information Systems HRIS
· Monitor and update all information on HRIS so that reports generated and information available is accurate and available for assist decision making.
· Number of subordinates: 2
· Authorized to sign offer letters and employee contracts.
· Authorized to review and recommend salary for new hires, annual salary increases or adjustments and bonus calculations.
· Authorized to develop and recommend the HR budget.
· Reviewing manpower plans for the SIS Myanmar School across all Departments and Head Office.
· Head Teachers and all departments in school.
· All departments in the Head Office
· CEO and the Leadership teams
· All Employees
· HR VENDORS
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources
· Five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
· Broad knowledge and experience in Labor Law, Compensation, Organization Development, Staff Welfare, Employee Relations, Training and Development.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Local Language.
· Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members.
· Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
· Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.