Reports to: MRE Team Leader
Interacts with: All HI Kachin staffs and partners
Responsibility 1: Implement MRE in accordance with the guidelines.
Aim: To produce high quality level of RE, complying with methods and procedures.
Benchmarks: all sessions completed to a high standard; good relationship with the community;
• Request and prepare all material needed prior to the village visit, respecting an appropriate delay for
the Logistics Department to stock out any material.
• Implement appropriate RE activities in the community, such as Safety Briefings, radio messages, and
• Support participatory approaches with the community and implement capacity building for Village
Development Committees according to the HI strategy
• Support community focal points by sharing needs and requests, and supporting effective
• Assist the MRE Team Lead to ensure that activities are inclusive, targeting men, women, boys, girls,
and persons with disabilities.
• University graduate (Social sciences, development studies, and other relevant fields linked with
the expectations of the position)
• At least 1 years’ experience with a humanitarian (I)NGO
• At least 1 years’ working in Mine Risk Education
• Advanced UXO recognition and knowledge
• Experience preparing and tracking IEC
• Experience working with national implementing partners
• Ability to work with local communities and authorities.
• Good community liaison, interviewing and observation skills.
• Basic writing and reporting skills.
• Ability to live and work in isolated and adverse conditions.
• Ability to speak the local language (Any Kachin language is a big plus)
• Ability to work within a multi-cultural team