The Store manager is responsible for day to day store operations, including scheduling, training, and supervising employees and assistant manager. The Store manager is responsible for the store profits, and all controllable expenses including labor, inventory levels, and cash and inventory shortages.
List of Responsibilities
· Planning, directing, coordinating and controlling the diverse day-to-day commissary department operation
· Assist in the recruiting, hiring and training, ensuring excellent customer service
· Resolving employee and customer complaints in a timely and professional manner
· Motivate, support and encourage the cashiers to up-sell
· Providing guidance and training to subordinates in the execution of the display program
· Supervise merchandise displays, work closely together with visual display staff to decide how items should be displayed, in order to maximize customer interest and product sales
· Implement and enforce established daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, and well kept
· Assuring item requisitions are made to maintain appropriate stock levels
· Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly and maintain quality brand image standards
· Ensuring that all inventories are conducted timely and accurately as required.
· Monitor customer service, ensure employees are providing excellent customer service in accordance to company policy.
· Maximize sales revenues, increase sales volumes through cross-selling, up-selling or promotion
· Manage staff, manage employees and subordinates, working in a team or individually, to maximize their performance and contribution.
- Degree Holder or Diploma in sales & marketing
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in supermarkets or mini-market
- A sound knowledge of supermarket or mini-mart best practice
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Very good commend of written and spoken English Language
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint