- Delivery of committed targets/objectives for key accounts
- Plan and implement promotional plans at the national level.
- Build and maintain a sound working relationship with Regional Sales Managers to ensure promotional plans are executive effectively and trade spend for key account activities are managed effectively at the regional level.
- Develop account plans and be accountable for national implementation of
- Review account plan with customers regularly at national and regional
- Management of key account sales structure and supporting teams.
- providing training and leading key account teams in the country.
- Present new lines gain distribution and listing acceptance.
- Control and monitor national key account trade spend.
- Monitor competitor activities and analyses against overall market
- Responsible for overall collection targets for key account customers
and adherence to the credit management policies of the company.
- Involved in negotiating trading terms with the Sales Director.
- Accompany key account managers to the field on a regular basis.
- Expected to have input into development of new products, overall
pricing and trade strategies.
- Build and maintain a sound working relationship with all key personnel
in the trade.
- Identify knowledge and skill level of account managers in order to
build a national/centralized team.
- Provide input to overall sales strategies through involvement with
trade marketing meetings, the purpose of which is to develop sales plans by
account, which will be built into a total national plan. This will then be presented to business
- The candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Key
Account Manager in the FMCG industry. Preferably, he/she should have a tertiary
education. Other essential traits include.
- Effective communication, planning.
- Analytical, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Effective leadership qualities and proven.
- track record in key account management.
- Track record of leading and developing