• To lead in the development and revision of M&E systems, and the consultation/discussion with field staff
on their needs and requirements for a new or revised system.
• To lead in the development and revision of M&E guidelines and procedures.
• To ensure efficient and effective implementation of M&E systems (including quality and availability of data
for analysis, reporting and presentation).
• To perform assessment of consistent practices and understanding of M&E and data management
guidelines by relevant field staffs and provide guidance and/or training on M&E and data collection tools,
procedures, practices and guidelines to them as needed.
• To lead the revision of reporting formats.
• To supervise timely preparation of progress reports (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual) according
to MdM Myanmar reporting schedule.
• To validate the completeness, consistency, and accuracy of consolidated reports by cross-checking results
against databases and different reports/formats.
• To ensure reports are compliant with relevant internal and external reporting guidelines and
• To provide timely support in addressing reporting feedback from donors and national/regional health
authorities (including historical data modification on DHIS-II).
• To prepare complementary analysis as per ad-hoc request from CCO and YPO Coordinators and Managers.
• To provide timely technical and analytic feedback on performance against key indicators to relevant
coordination staff and field staff.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• To support CCO MEL Coordinator in all assessments, capitalization, evaluations and operational research
at Country and Yangon level. These include the development of terms of reference (ToR), tools
(questionnaire, database), training facilitation, implementation of M&E tools, data analysis and reporting.
• To ensure effective dissemination of findings and follow-up of recommendations.
• To monitor the planning and implementation of M&E, capitalization, and research activities.
• To support CCO MEL Coordinator in updating the M&E Plan and annexes aligned with programme
implementation and provide induction on the revised M&E Plan and annexes.
• To develop or adapt M&E training modules, and conduct M&E training for all relevant field staff at country
• To represent MdM in meetings and workshops related to M&E.
Human resource management
• To manage and supervise YPO PDA, and regularly report on her/his activities and performance to CCO MEL
• To provide on-job training, support, and guidance to YPO PDA in performing her/his routine tasks.
• To carry out annual performance evaluation for YPO PDA, including identification of training needs.
• To ensure continuous coordination and collaboration on M&E activities within the M&E team and across
field program teams through regular communication, feedback, and meeting.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or master’s degree in social science, Information Management, Statistics or relevant field, or
Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Management.
• At least 4 years’ proven experience in developing and implementing of M & E tools and methodologies
• At least 3 years’ proven experience in data management and analysis
• Experience with preparing reports for NAP and Global Fund is an asset
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
• Ability to manage and guide supervisory staff.
• Ability to assess training needs and deliver data management and M & E related training.
• Meticulous, flexible and ability to work under pressure meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, in a team and across departments.
• High level of integrity