Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises photojournalism staff.
- Manages use of photography supplies, equipment and staff resource.
- Ensures all photo needs of WIF are met, coordination with other media staff during weekly
planning and daily planning meetings to ensure photographs are assigned and delivered on
time, and that all photos meet high standards of quality.
- Works with media staff to develop appropriate multimedia components to supplement
- Assigns, edits and posts appropriate multimedia (video, photo galleries, audio slideshows,
etc.) in a timely manner.
- Initiate, assign and execute a photo-driven story daily for worldview.foundaiton.com
Required Skills and Experiences
- Experienced journalist with multi-media skills with excellent English working language.
- Have to be interested in global and national climate issues and sustainable development.
- Experience in managing content on web pages, news stories for multi- media distribution
and regular content for Facebook and other social media platforms is necessary.
- Knowledge on visual effects will be a plus.
- Understanding of media monitoring and social media analytics tools and monitoring
- Ability to multitask and engage online communities across multiple networks at the same
- Sound technical and productions skills including camera operation, non-linear editing and
- Experience in working across borders with multi-culture teams.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to establish good working relationships with
- Good communication, negotiation, problem-solving skills and coordination skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel and ability to work independently as well as part of a
- Ability to adapt quickly, cooperatively, and constructively to changes, and to find
positive, creative solutions
- Flexibility around working hours