The Non-Executive Director key accountabilities are as follows:
· Providing an external and independent view on the running of the business, governance, and best boardroom practice.
· Providing independent counsel to the Chairman, Board & CEO.
· Providing independent oversight and challenge
· Providing original input and contribution to Board meetings and, where appropriate, constructive challenge of processes and procedures.
· Providing the strategic advice (technical & commercial) of the power related businesses’ including Utility business such as electricity, Transmission Line, Substation, Generation business’s systems, processes, etc.
· Ensuring, with the Board as a whole, that the Group is operating within the risk appetite and Risk Management Framework agreed by the Board.
Experience / Skills required
· Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing at the sectors of Transmission & Distribution, Independent Power Producers-IPP Investment, Consultancy, EPC (Generation) and Utility (Power Business)
· Experience in power generation (conventional thermal generation) based on coal, gas, and oil has given way to renewable applications based on wind, hydro, solar, and biomass for infrastructure renewal, future energy, and energy transition, as well as security, skills shortages, and a changing regulatory environment.
· Understand in market (government and private) and regulatory environment, competitors, and challenges, and keep up to date to stay on top of the brief.
· Must have the energy & resilience to carry out the role, especially when things get tough, while the board can work effectively in difficult circumstances.
Qualification / Education required
· MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
· An entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills
· Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and public speaking skills