• Planning and organizing all nursing related activities (IPD, OPD, maternity, nutrition, etc.) and participating in
the definition of annual planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the
continuity of the standard quality healthcare. When needed, being responsible for scheduling duty rosters,
shifts and on call of nursing staff.
• Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the legal therapeutic protocols, procedures and
standards, depending on project objectives (PPTCT, PEP, VCT, IEC, SGBV,etc.) and providing technical
support when needed, to ensure the quality of the nursing care, confidentiality and information traceability,
patient surveillance, and the application of the therapeutic and sterilization rules by the health care personnel.
• Ensuring all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient’s card and registration book,
discharge paper, transfer paper, etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly
• According to MSF protocols and in collaboration with the Pharmacist and PMR, supervising the distribution
(according to medical prescriptions) and pharmacy activity, preparing new orders when required, supervising
expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure that pharmacy stock levels are permanently
updated and above minimum safety point.
• In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and
anticipating and communicating future needs.
• Reporting to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing activities and participating in
• Develop/update the existing training materials in order to create an induction package for the new team
members but for the existing nurses/midwives as well.
• Develop a capacity building strategy to enhance the skills of the (para)medical staff in the project, especially
for nurses to become more confident to undertake the basic midwifery responsibilities.
• Support development and agree on a professional personal development plan of the Nursing Team
Supervisor (NTS) and Heads of CHWs to enhance their performances to hold their supervisory roles.
• Make sure the obstetric and gynecological care is practiced according to MSF guidelines, and emergency
OBS/GYN cases are evaluated and referred to SGH according to referral protocol.
• Initiate a rapid assessment to increase the understanding on the skills of TBAs in the camps and
develop/implement a community model of RH/SGBV in conjunction with the SGBV-Implementer.
• Implement/reinforce the SGBV component in the project, based on the previous assessment and the model
already defined in the project in collaboration and with the support of the SGBV implementer.
• In collaboration with others medical team members:
Education • Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma with valid license
• Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
• Specialization or training in tropical medicine would be an asset
Experience • Essential working experience of at least two years in nursing activities
• Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
Languages • Good Command of English Language (Speaking and Writing) essential;
• Local Working Language Desirable
Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)