Position Title : Operations Manager
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Head of Department
Department : Health Department
Project Name : COVID-19 preparedness and response operation
Duty Station : Nay Pyi Taw/ Yangon
Grade : F2
Duration : Six months until end of year 2020
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave + Quarantine Leave + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave +
Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (12/06/2020), 16:30 pm
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
Background: With the auxiliary role to the government in humanitarian activities by the national law, MRCS has closely coordinated with MoHS both at national, state/regional, and township levels for the preparedness and response activities of COVID-19 epidemic in the country. MRCS later developed its first emergency plan of action (EPoA) and updated it in April. The plan intends to carry out its preparedness and response activities in all four phases of the epidemic stated in health sector contingency plan as Preparedness, Containment, Mitigation and Control, Stand Down Phases of COVID-19 epidemic in the country.
The overall operational objective is to fulfil the auxiliary role and mandate of the National Society and contribute to reducing illness and loss of life, while protecting the health, safety, wellbeing and livelihoods of the most vulnerable people, by supporting efforts to contain, slow or suppress transmission of the virus, treating cases, and helping affected communities maintain access to essential health and social services. By responding to the secondary socio-economic impacts, the strategy also looks ahead to early recovery from the crisis. The main prioritized areas are Health and WASH, Addressing Socio-economic impact of the outbreak, Strengthening National Society’s institutional capacity.
Purpose of the Position: The purpose of the Operation Manager position is to provide overall management and to take the leading role of MRCS’ COVID-19 response Operation with the technical guidance from different departments. MRCS has developed and regularly updated its Emergency Plan of Actions for COVID-19 and all the activities need to be in line with framework within this EPoA.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the effective planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of different components of COVID-19 response activities within the specified timeframe and budget in accordance with the EPoA.
2. Ensure the quality works are implemented in line with the mandates of MRCS COVID-19 operation and reported according to the changes over time.
3. Perform as a leading host for daily EOC meeting at MRCS office and make daily presentation to Directors, Deputy Secretary Generals, Secretary General and Executive Committee members.
4. Supervise administrative and logistic arrangements related to operation’s activities, reflecting the reality of the conditions and changing epidemic situation.
5. Ensure integration of cross-cutting issues in all planned activities, such as community engagement & accountability, protection, gender and inclusion.
Coordination and cooperation
6. Ensure effective and close coordination with colleagues from different departments of MRCS and leaderships.
7. Maintain good external relations with government and non-government stakeholders for smooth implementation of the operation.
8. Ensure close coordination with State/ Region and Township Red Cross branches personnel by means of 2-way communication.
9. Establish close working relations with other Red Cross Movement partners.
10. By absorbing the support from finance department, take the overall accountability of the operation’s financial issues.
11. Ensure all expenditures of the operation are in line with the MRCS financial regulations and policies and also with all donor requirements.
12. Ensure in-time preparation of budget, working advance request, monitoring of expenditures and submission of expense clearances by working closely with finance department.
Monitoring and Reporting
13. With the support of PMER officer, ensure the effective and quality monitoring of the operation activities in line with MRCS mandates and also to meet with the required gaps.
14. Submit weekly situation reports to Health Director in Myanmar and English versions.
15. By working with the PMER Manager, conduct the review meetings and workshop and also prepare the final operation report and donor reports according to different donor timelines.
16. Conduct on-site monitoring visits to necessary areas if needed.
17. Ensure fair management of operation staff and oversee their detailed plans of activities and support if necessary.
18. Create the motivated and healthy working environment for operation staff.
19. Provide regular technical supervision and helps in problem solving in time.
20. To carry out any other relevant duties assigned by supervisor.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
· Must be a Myanmar National
· Age between 30 to 60 years
· University Degree in Public Health related degree or basic medical degree.
· Post graduate degree in relevant sector is preferable.
· Working experience for emergency operations preferably in epidemic preparedness and responses is preferable.
· At least 2 years of experiences in managerial experience.
· At least 5 years of experiences in health-related projects/programs.
· Medical or public health knowledge and background.
· Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
· Knowledge of Financial Management is preferable.
· Strong skill in report writing with numerical recording detail and ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent Communication Skills, both oral and written and problem solving skill is preferable.
· Ability to travel anywhere at short notice.
· Ability to work well in a team and dealt with stressful situation
· Excellent command of English and Myanmar especially in translating, including written, spoken and typing
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to: