Position Title : Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting Officer
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Operations Manager
Department : Health Department
Project Name : COVID-19 preparedness and response operation
Duty Station : Nay Pyi Taw/ Yangon
Grade : D2
Duration : Six months until end of year 2020
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave + Quarantine Leave + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave +
Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : ( 15/ 06/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
Background: With the auxiliary role to the government in humanitarian activities by the national law, MRCS has closely coordinated with Ministry of Health and Sports (MOHS) both at national, state/regional, and township levels for the preparedness and response activities of COVID-19 epidemic in the country. MRCS later developed its first emergency plan of action (EPoA) and updated it in April. The plan intends to carry out its preparedness and response activities in all four phases of the epidemic stated in health sector contingency plan as
3- Mitigation and Control
4- Stand Down Phases of COVID-19 epidemic in the country.
The overall operational objective is to fulfil the auxiliary role and mandate of the National Society and contribute to reducing illness and loss of life, while protecting the health, safety, wellbeing and livelihoods of the most vulnerable people, by supporting efforts to contain, slow or suppress transmission of the virus, treating cases, and helping affected communities maintain access to essential health and social services. By responding to the secondary socio-economic impacts, the strategy also looks ahead to early recovery from the crisis.
The main prioritized areas are
1- Health and WASH
2- Addressing Socio-economic impact of the outbreak
3- Strengthening National Society’s institutional capacity
Purpose of the Position: The overall purpose of the PMER officer is to provide technical assistance to the operation manager in regards with the planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting tasks related to COVID-19 response operation within the framework of the MRCS policies and procedures in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement. S/He is also responsible to building up the capacity of programme staff and Red Cross Volunteers at township and community to measure impacts in line with project agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Monitoring of the operation
1. Provide appropriate technical assistance to Operation Manager in reviewing and revising work plans.
2. Verify and analyse data and information on a regular basis to ensure that operation is progressing as planned and make appropriate recommendations for the operation team
3. Support in establishment and maintenance of effective database providing support and supervision in data collection, entering, processing and analysis.
4. Develop weekly activity updates to submit the Ministry of Health and Sport in Myanmar and to share the RCRC partners in English.
5. Daily update to operation manager in regards with the reporting status from States and Regions.
6. Work on knowledge management by disseminating the monitoring and evaluation findings, recommendations, and lessons learnt from monitoring and evaluation.
7. Prepare the final operation report and donor reports according to different donor timelines.
8. Provide trainings and supervise quality of work of data volunteers from township branches.
9. Support for conducting participatory lesson learned, monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
10. Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
Cooperation and coordination
11. Ensure effective and close coordination with colleagues from different departments of MRCS especially Health MER manager.
12. Ensure close coordination with State/ Region and Township Red Cross branches personnel by means of 2-way communication.
13. Any other relevant duties assigned by direct supervisor and Health Department.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
· Must be a Myanmar National
· Age between 25 to 45 years
· Bachelor or equivalent degree must in community development, statistics, social or development-related studies
· Minimum three years of experience and proven skills in programme planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting including in development of programme monitoring and evaluation plans, narrative reports and indicator tracking tables
· Experience in planning and monitoring health projects/programs
· Knowledge of Project Cycle Management
· Good knowledge on qualitative data collections, analysis, and the use of statistical software
· Strong skill in report writing with numerical recording detail and ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent Communication Skills, both oral and written and problem solving skill
· Ability to travel anywhere at short notice
· Ability to work well in a team and dealt with stressful situation
· Excellent command of English and Myanmar especially in translating, including written, spoken and typing
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, StrandRoad,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.