Position Title : Program Coordinator (Seconded Staff)
Report to : Country Programme Manager Myanmar
Department : Norwegian Red Cross Myanmar Country Office
Program/Project : All Norwegian Red Cross Supported Projects/Programs
Duty Station : Yangon
Grade : E2
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave+ Quarantine Leave+ Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (04/07/2020), 16:30
The purpose of the Norwegian Red Cross (NRC), Myanmar Country Office is to ensure implementation of NRC’s International Strategy at country level through programme support to Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS), as articulated and established in the approved Country Framework. This means that the Country Office (CO) is responsible for ensuring results-based project management, risk management, and operational in-country Movement coordination. Furthermore, the CO is responsible for ensuring project implementation in support to MRCS, in line with established project agreements and project plans. The CO ensures sound technical quality of all country projects, in line with established technical standards and best practices. The CO ensures that NRC’s program support is based on regularly updated humanitarian needs analysis in line with established practices. The CO represents NRC in-country with regards to external partnerships and relationships. The CO is responsible for in-country security management.
Purpose of the position: The Program Coordinator is a Seconded Staff position that has an employment contract with MRCS, but is seconded to NRC country office in Yangon.
The Program Coordinator is responsible to support the Myanmar Red Cross Society in ensuring sound technical planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on Norwegian Red
Cross supported humanitarian programmes.
In addition, the program coordinator
· Ensures sound technical quality of country projects/programmes, in line with technical standards.
· Ensure best practices and NRC’s program is based on regularly updated humanitarian needs analysis in line with established practices.
· Ensure project implementation in support to HNS in line with established project agreement and project plans.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with the NRC Country Programme Manager and Health Delegate in coordinating the implementation of all NRC supported programs, advising and ensuring a consistency in the NRC’s assistance to the MRCS with a strong focus on improving MRCS capacity. The Program Coordinator is based in Yangon with frequent visits to areas of partner programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that adequate needs assessment to inform design of relevant programming are conducted.
2. Ensure the use of programme Logical Framework according to existing guidelines.
3. Ensure the development of SMART indicators that are supported by clear and concise indicator guidelines that define the indicators, data sources, data collection methods, frequency of monitoring and audience.
4. Provide adequate support to MRCS for the development of quality project packages to be submitted as per CP 1 processes for internal approval before project start up.
5. Support the design and implementation of relevant baseline exercises.
6. Support the CO in ensuring basic needs are met and improve the health of the most vulnerable people affected by conflict and protracted crisis.
7. Ensures that Norwegian Red Cross’ supported Host National Society' programmes are aligned with the Nor Cross International Strategy through established strategic objectives at country level.
8. Ensures that Norwegian Red Cross’ CO communication with, and program support to MRCS is purposeful and efficient.
The specific operational responsibilities of the Program Coordinator include:
9. Cooperate with and support MRCS colleagues on national and local level(s) on all components of NRC supported programmes.
10. Ensure that NRC’s project / programme PMER requirements are met:
11. Continuously monitor the on-site as well as overall advancement towards set targets Nor Cross supported programmes and dialogue with HNS to agree on adjustments, if such needed to ensure success in programmatic implementation.
12. Ensure practicing a rigorous follow up on established programmatic monitoring system through regular field, technical spot checks of sources of verification.
13. Quality assure overall data and quarterly reports provided by MRCS.
14. Support MRCS in establishing internal NS period programme evaluation mechanisms.
15. Support practices related to mid-term and final internal / external programme evaluations / reviews through the design of Terms of Reference for specific programmes focussing on programme relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability.
16. Support the design and implementation of relevant end line exercises to measure programme success.
17. Provide programme progress related input to Nor Cross established reporting routines (quarterly reports, Indicator Tracking Table).
18. Provide quality programme input to Nor Cross annual reporting processes.
Country-Office specific responsibilities:
19. Function as the technical focal point at the Nor Cross CO for the Nor Cross supported Programme(s).
20. Function as the focal person at the Nor Cross CO for the MRCS on issues related to the daily running of the project(s) which is/are included in the Nor Cross supported programmes.
21. Based on existing technical standards and best practices, assist MRCS staff in the development and implementation of SOPs for planned programmes/activities.
22. Assist MRCS in ensuring that gender, equity, diversity, environmental issues and accountability are taken into account in RC activities.
23. Report to the Nor Cross Country Programme Manager on all issues related to the programme implementation while providing input on relevant strategic programmatic choices and options to optimize programmatic success
24. Participate in relevant programme related meetings as required.
25. In close coordination with Finance/Admin Officer and as guided by the Country Programme Manager, ensure effective budget/financial vs. programme design and implementation tracking system.
26. Provide input to the Country Programme Manager to enable continuous analysis of political, socio-economic, environmental and humanitarian trends in country and locally in programme areas.
27. Contribute to resource mobilisation efforts towards our programmes by providing timely and quality delivery of input for new applications in line with Nor Cross result framework and donor requirements.
28. Support the CO in the preparation of strategic plans for Myanmar alongside the rest of the Nor Cross support team.
29. Upon request prepare and facilitate the programmatic side of external visits.
30. Undertake relevant tasks as assigned by the Country Program Manager when required.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
· Must be a Myanmar National
· Age between 21 years and 61 years old
· At least bachelor’s degree in Development studies, health, Social Science, or related field.
· Minimum 4-7years of experiences in development and/or emergency programme management
· Experience in working in a humanitarian organization. RCRC Movement experience preferred
· Experience in results based management tools ( M&E and reporting)
· Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, word processing, lotus, etc.)
· Skills in training and developing staff
· Ability to work in a team and be self-directed
· Commitment to the principles of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement
· Integrity & personal conduct in line with the Code of Conduct
· Sensitivity to diversity
· Ability to be flexible & adaptable in work and communication styles
· Excellent interpersonal skills in diverse team settings
· Effective English skill both written and verbal
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Application process: Please send your application letter, CV, and related documents (PDF Version) to;
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, Strand Road,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.