This position is responsible for achieving high impact, in improving the quality of lives of hundreds of children, adolescents and young people living in poverty through the childhood to livelihood journey.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Strategic Leadership:
• Provide strategic leadership in positioning Organization impact, its organisational mission and the manner it needs to located within the larger canvas of Government or partner programmes to drive the childhood to livelihood agenda.
• Contribute to ----------- organisational vision, goals and the growth story in building credible evidence, process pathways for change and long term measurable impact on the ground
• As a member of the Senior Executive Team, you will make a leading contribution to the overall strategy and organizational development of Organization as well as Lead and inspire volunteers and employees.
• Build and nurture government partnerships at all level to ensure ----------- contributes to as well as influence the government's policy agenda and is a point of reference in the concerned states in the area of life skills education and empowerment of adolescents and young people.
• Act as key contact with head offices, local partners, NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, government authorities, donors.
• Act as a focal point, to issue policy recommendations in collaboration with field staff and headquarters.
2. Programme Management & Legal Compliance:
• Oversee the design and implement portfolio of high quality, well-managed, result-oriented and impactful programmes in line with the programme implementation plan in the region that brings about positive changes in the lives of children
• Ensure realization of Programme results as evidenced by the evaluations
• Institutionalize strong systems and processes to operationalize including program execution and automating the processes wherever appropriate for efficiency, enhanced quality and effectiveness
• Optimum budget utilization and minimum underspends while carrying out programme activities.
• Responsible for managing and coordinating with the other support functions viz. Finance, HR, Procurement, Administration, M&E, Programme Design and Training for efficient, effective and impactful programme implementation
• Identify partners who can execute ---------- programmes on its behalf through their competence, can take ---------programmes to the last mile while creating a larger purpose and impact in the region.
• Ensure achievement of the program's objectives.
• Ensure programme is still appropriate, according to the situation, the context and the programme's objectives.
• Narrative and financial reporting to donors, Government and to managing headquarters.
• Ensure compliance with local laws
3. People Development:
• Build strong next level of leaders who can manage and execute their responsibilities independently and uphold Magic Bus culture
• Develop an eco-system that can collaborate, provide feedback to programme design team, thereby create deeper and wider impact in the region and enhance the design of ----------- programmes
• Team management for ensuring capacity building, productivity and effectiveness through timely communication and feedback.
• Managing human resources in conformity with applicable labor laws and with internal regulations.
Education & Work experience
• Post graduate in Social work, Management, Economics or other social sciences
• 3-5 years of experience in driving large scale programme management.
Knowledge & Skills required
• Experience in driving large scale programmes, institutional partnerships, government collaborations in the life skills and adolescent empowerment space.
• Ability to connect with key stakeholders that include donors, government and civil society
• Network & build relationships and generate fund for ………….. programmes
• Has an eye for detail and can systematize processes
• Commitment to results and demonstrates high resilience
• Communicates, has strong interpersonal relationship and can inspire across levels
• Delegates responsibilities and develops people to fulfill their responsibilities
• Written & spoken fluency in English and the local language
• Proven track record in Strategic Programme Management