Under the overall guidance of the Directors of Programme and Strategy, and in close collaboration with WHO,
UNICEF, bilateral donors, and other partners, the Programme Manager (Immunization Specialist) supports
Access to Health Fund’s activities related to immunization in Myanmar, including support to the roll out of
COVID-19 vaccination in conict-aected areas. Such support may include technical and operational oversight
for the development, planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring, evaluation and oversight management of
● Liaise closely with UNICEF, WHO, and all other relevant actors on all technical aspects related to deployment
of COVID vaccines and contribute to shared coordinated deployment of the vaccine in select locations; support
full alignment with UN-wide plans.
● Support situational analyses and feasibility assessments before and during the deployment of COVID-19
● Support the design process of deploying COVID-19 vaccines in select locations.
● Lead grant contracting processes with support from UNOPS Programme Management Oce’s Grants team.
● Maintain a clear understanding of grant outcomes, in particular as they relate to the strengthening of health
systems and the improved health situation of vulnerable populations in conict aected areas. Regularly
communicate on these outcomes with partners and stakeholders.
● Work together with the Procurement Unit to ensure implementing partners have timely and adequate
supplies for the implementation of COVID-19 vaccination.
● Critically analyse, jointly with the Conict Advisor, risks to the Fund’s support to COVID-19 vaccine
deployments. Develop, implement and update mitigation plan(s) for identied risks. ● Conduct regular
programme eld visits (if feasible) and share ndings and inputs with partners and stakeholders; document
best practices and lessons learned.
● Assist M&E team in developing indicators for oversight, impact and learning of immunisation activities
Technical and operational oversight
● Liaise closely with WHO, UNICEF, and other relevant partners to provide technical support to the planning,
development, and implementation stages of the COVID 19 vaccine deployment in select locations ● Identify
training needs, and in collaboration with WHO, UNICEF and other technical agencies, plan, organize, and
conduct training and orientation activities for relevant stakeholders.
● Support the establishment of recording and reporting systems for COVID-19 vaccination applicable and
integratable to the existing monitoring and reporting platforms.
● Support the surveillance, referral and response mechanism for AEFI (Adverse Event Following Immunization).
● Help produce periodic reports and learning papers throughout the process of implementing the COVID-19
● Support the development of risk communication strategies and materials relating to COVID-19 vaccination.
● Coordinate with technical agencies to support implementing partners in procuring cold-chain equipment,
setting up temperature monitoring systems and reinforcing safe disposal practices.
● Support the design and implementation of capacity-building plans for eld health workers for vaccination,
vaccine handling, cold-chain management and AEFI.
Networking and Partner Management
● Build and maintain relationships with all programme stakeholders.
● Represent the Fund, as delegated, in consultations and meetings with development partners and donors.
Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or the Fund Director.
● A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (for example: public health, international development, public
● A Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience is considered as equivalent.
b. Work Experience
● At least 5 years of relevant experience in the management of public health or development programs ● At
least 3 years of experience managing and working for immunization programmes
● Experience working for public health programmes in ethnic areas is highly preferable.
● Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a complex environment is an asset
● Advanced writing and analytical skills
● Competent in the usage of computers and oce software packages
● Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar