Position Title : Programme Officer
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Operations Manager
Department : Health Department
Project Name : COVID-19 preparedness and response operation
Duty Station : Nay Pyi Taw/ Yangon
Grade : D2
Duration : Six months until end of year 2020
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave + Quarantine Leave + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave +
Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : ( 18/ 06/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
Background: With the auxiliary role to the government in humanitarian activities by the national law, MRCS has closely coordinated with Ministry of Health and Sports (MOHS) both at national, state/regional, and township levels for the preparedness and response activities of COVID-19 epidemic in the country. MRCS later developed its first emergency plan of action (EPoA) and updated it in April. The plan intends to carry out its preparedness and response activities in all four phases of the epidemic stated in health sector contingency plan as
3- Mitigation and Control
4- Stand Down Phases of COVID-19 epidemic in the country.
The overall operational objective is to fulfil the auxiliary role and mandate of the National Society and contribute to reducing illness and loss of life, while protecting the health, safety, wellbeing and livelihoods of the most vulnerable people, by supporting efforts to contain, slow or suppress transmission of the virus, treating cases, and helping affected communities maintain access to essential health and social services. By responding to the secondary socio-economic impacts, the strategy also looks ahead to early recovery from the crisis.
The main prioritized areas are
1- Health and WASH
2- Addressing Socio-economic impact of the outbreak
3- Strengthening National Society’s institutional capacity
Purpose of the Position: The overall purpose of the project officer is to take coordination role between Headquarter operation team and State/Region Red Cross supervisory committee and Red Cross Volunteers. S/he needs to work with the operation team in proper implementation of the NS’s preparedness and response plan for COVID-19.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Monitoring of the operation
1. Participate in regular data collection, needs assessments and preparation of assessment plans.
2. Provide inputs to the preparation of training plans and materials and facilitation of training of programme staff and volunteers according to the plans.
3. Closely coordinate with the technical officers for day to day management of project implementation.
4. Closely collaborate with operation manager and state/region/township branches in programme implementation to ensure the achievement of the programme objectives and outputs.
5. Support the data assistant and supporting officers in relation to the preparation of data collection, monthly narrative and financial reports, as well as other possible reports.
6. Share knowledge and information to create an enabling environment for capacity building among staff and volunteers involved in programme implementation.
7. Perform and support day-to-day office running and office set up activities.
8. If required, field trips to collaborate with RCVs and staff in the fields implementing the operation activities.
9. Collaborate with PMER officer of the operation to submit monthly report of the progress status of the operation activities.
10. Assist Operation Manager with day-to-day updated reports of the programme according to approved implementation plan and budget.
Cooperation and coordination
11. Ensure effective and close coordination with colleagues from operation team and colleagues from different departments.
12. Ensure close coordination with State/ Region and Township Red Cross branches personnel by means of 2-way communication.
13. Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Operation Manager.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
· Must be a Myanmar National
· Age between 25 to 45 years
· Bachelor or equivalent degree must in community development, statistics, social or development-related studies
· Minimum two years of Health-related project/program experiences
· Well-developed computer skills, with demonstrated competence in Excel, Word and Power point (English and Myanmar)
· Strong skill in numerical recording, data maintenance
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Well organized, efficient, with excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to manage priorities, multiple tasks, take initiative and solve problems
· Able to work well in a team in stressful situations
· Ability to travel anywhere at short notice
· Fluent in Myanmar and English language
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, StrandRoad,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.