SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Leadership and Management
• With the Country Director, engage closely in the refresh of the Pact Myanmar strategic plan.
• Lead the development of new programs, seek funding opportunities, and expand the portfolio
of Pact Myanmar activities in line with our strategic plan.
• Manage the Pact Myanmar Programs Team and supervise project and technical leads (health,
governance, livelihoods, civil society strengthening and energy access)
• Serve as point of contact for donors and represent Pact in technical forums, events, and
• Supervise Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities to validate project outcomes
and improve Pact operations.
• Work with the Communications team to report, share, and publicize program outcomes.
Ensure compliance with Pact and donor-related policies and regulations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Master’s degree in international development (or equivalent field) and at least 10 years of
relevant experience as a leader in fundraising, program development and implementation
• Experience working in Myanmar.
• Demonstrated experience managing and supervising large, donor-funded programs with
multiple partners, sites, and beneficiary groups.
• Strong demonstrated knowledge in at least one of the following technical areas: maternal and
child health, women’s economic empowerment, community institution strengthening,
agriculture and value chain development, local governance and civil society strengthening, and
renewable energy (Ideal candidates will demonstrate versatile technical knowledge and be at
minimum conversant in multiple sectors)
• Outstanding staff management skills, including providing productive feedback and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including fluency in English and preferably
fluency in Myanmar.
• Strong knowledge of USAID as well as other donors, including regulations, systems and
• Skills in successfully cultivating donor relationships.
• Proficient in common business software
• Ability and willingness to travel on a short notice.
• A fierce desire to contribute to the development of Myanmar.