The GBV Project Assistant is based in Sittwe and will be expected to perform the following duties:
GBV PREVENTION AND MALE ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITY IMPLEMENTATION:
• Participate in the formation of male groups and the roll out of the recreational activities and the
psychoeducational curriculum among beneficiaries.
• Support the male engagement Officer in training and remotely supervising the male outreach workers in
their delivery of the male engagement curriculum.
• Deliver male engagement awareness and recreational activities directly in the camps in Sittwe and
• Support other members of the prevention team in facilitating awareness raising, focus group discussions
and other community engagement activities for men.
• Identify strategies/activities to promote social cohesion and integration throughout program activities and
Women and Girls Centers (WGC). Liaise with government officials, religious leaders and Camp
Management Committees to facilitate buy in for Women’s Centers among men where possible.
• Consolidate information on existing services and create service mapping material to be shared with other
DRC department and other stakeholders
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
• Draft monthly reports and submit them to the Male Engagement Officer and GBV Team Leader
• Provide input to the monthly reports about male engagement which include thorough analysis of progress
against indicators and qualitative information about progress and challenges.
• Help the GBV Male Engagement Officer complete the indicator tracker for Male Engagement activities on
a monthly basis.
• Oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation of activities conducted about male group activities.
• Provide input to quarterly reports to be submitted to the donor.
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
• University (BA/BSc) degree in relevant field.
• 1 years' relevant experience working with a humanitarian or development organization, with excellent
• Demonstrated experience in working on women and girl empowerment, human rights, gender equality or
• Previous experience in working with communities, raising awareness and facilitating capacity building
• Computer skills, including knowledge of Excel.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Prepared to work with both Rakhine Buddhist and Muslim communities.
• Fluency in Burmese and English. Additional local languages would be an asset, especially Muslim language