Provide regional operational and strategic leadership
1. Implement the regional route to market strategies, sales channel approach and policies that would support the different product line
2. Lead, guide and coach
a regional team of Sales Managers, Sales Supervisors, Sales Representatives
(SRs) and other personnel to maximize growth potential in all geography and
across all channels
Drive MDG growth based on company operating plan
1. Review and analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports and records. Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly team reviews and business updates across Sub-Distributors, sub-distributors, regions and channels
2. Effective cross-functional communication and collaboration on related matters concerning sales & distribution, marketing, product, finance and logistics.
Oversee and manage operation of Sub-Distributors in assigned region to achieve operational excellence
1. Closely review stocks and POSM inventories at sub-distributors’ warehouse in accordance to inventory principles established by MDG. Ensure stock sufficiency to consistently meet trade demand, with compliance to minimum safety stock holding level of each SKU.
2. Monitor stocks utilization and collections from operations by ensuring all stocks movements and payments from products sold are all accurately accounted for on a regular basis. Discuss and streamline processes with finance and warehouse to achieve timely daily/ weekly/monthly reconciliation.
Motivate and coach team to consistently achieve company operational and financial targets
1. Review quality and timeliness of trade programs communication as well as team understanding. Track team KPI performance and take corrective actions to address performance concerns, be it coaching and development as well as appropriate disciplinary actions.
2. Monitor and ensure team follow the established in call mission steps and full coverage in accordance to established route plan (route compliance, call effectiveness)
3. Analyze the overall performance of sub-distributors offices along these indicators and implement action plans to resolve any issues or promote a higher performance standard.
Responsible for timely and accurate reporting and involves in management decision making
1. Educate team member on proper data gathering and implications of inaccurate input of data into the system. This includes ongoing effort to improve data accuracy and completeness necessary for system deployment and subsequent data utilization business analysis and decision making.
2. Ensure timely production of accurate monthly performance reports for NOM review, with detailed analysis, diagnosis and suggestions for improvement plans and provide insights to guide management decisions on strategies and plans.
Plan and implement national development and trade partnership development
1. Plan and implement regional development strategies / plans with the view to achieve profitable territory coverage and maximize sales potential in all geography and across all channels in assigned region
2. Educate Sub-Distributors and retailers on matters relating to proper handling of MDG's products, optimum stock weight and merchandising principles
· Minimum a degree holder in marketing, economics, business administration. MBA would be an advantage.
· Minimum 8 years of working experience in the FMCG or distribution companies before
· 4 years of prior experience as a Regional Operation Manager or senior management role would be preferred
· Has proven experience and track record at managing a high-performance sales team of 100 or more
· Good communication skills (verbal and written)
· Advanced territory management ability
· Advanced sales skills, with sales training and development experience
· Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
· Strong planning and adaptability skills
· Proven customer services, relationship building, retailer management and negotiation skills
· Proven trade issues / conflict resolution ability
· Strong numerical and analytical abilities, with demonstrated ability to use Pivot tables and other analytical functions