RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Responsibility 1 - Expertise
1.1 Provides technical expertise for the training of rehabilitation professionals
a. Adheres to international norms, standards and techniques in the implementation of rehabilitation activities
b. Enhances the knowledge of rehabilitation/health/inclusion professionals on international technical standards and
c. Responsible for the technical quality and relevance of training activities implemented in rehabilitation
d. Informs on identified technical needs and collaborates with his/her technical authority, as appropriate
e. Adjusts training content based on feedback from the technical authority, participants, and project or program
f. Adapts teaching skills based on lessons learned and good practices identified from the project and context
g. Identifies and communicates to the technical authority any training needs that are not within his/her area of
expertise but are necessary to provide quality physical and functional rehabilitation intervention
h. Adheres to the codes of ethics related to his/her initial profession in the field of health and rehabilitation and the
1.2 Contributes to the facilitation of a technical stream and community of practice in conjunction with the
a. Contributes to the modelling of online rehab training for the organization
b. Prepares and facilitates community of practice sessions in rehabilitation for the organization
Responsibility 2 - Implementation and monitoring
2.1 Ensures the implementation of training activities, in collaboration with the appropriate services and in
accordance with overall procedures and standards
a. Assesses the capacities and training needs of the project's rehabilitation professionals (HI & partners)
b. Develops a training strategy and plan in conjunction with the project's technical authority and partner
c. Defines the indicators measuring the effects and impact of the training strategy
d. Builds and updates the training curriculum for the target audience according to the context and capacities of the
e. Builds and updates the training modules according to the context and capacities of the participants
f. Defines the plan and tools for follow-up of participants after the training
g. Organises, in cooperation with the appropriate services, the logistical and administrative aspects of the training
h. Identifies and implements training techniques adapted to the training content and target audience
i. Trains the target audience in the different approaches, technical tools related to their expertise and identified
j. Evaluates the expected effects of the training
k. Analyses the collected data
l. Writes regular reports on the activities carried out, the data collected and their analysis, and related
2.2 Contributes to team and project life
a. Identifies and shares with the project team any situational changes that may have an impact on the target
population and/or project
b. Participates in the qualitative analysis of the project to adapt the activities according to the needs of the
beneficiaries and the context.
Responsibility 3 - Influence
Contributes to the reputation of the organisation's expertise in rehabilitation (national and international
Responsibility 4 - Coordination and Communication
• Strong link with the technical unit / coordination is maintained with regular communication
• As you are an HI representative in the facility, ensure appropriate and effective communication and
collaboration with other staff in service in the health facilities
• As requested by PM, provide direct PT to persons with need on the site of intervention, with supervision
from TA Rehab.
• Support PM and PO in procurement of assistive devices, their demand and specs
Demonstrate an ethical and professional practice:
• Respect beneficiary confidentiality.
• Respect and promote HI’s Policies on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Protection and report to your
line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
• Address needs and requests in a professional way.
• Report any incidents or acts that cause any harm to beneficiary or to others.
• Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
• Always ask the permission to touch or to apply any treatment or manoeuvres to someone.
• Always respect a refusal of treatment.
• Work with the best of knowledge and abilities to offer a good quality rehabilitation treatment.
• Show abilities and competences to execute an efficient rehabilitation intervention.
• Behave respectfully with regards to culture and religious backgrounds of beneficiaries
• Immediately report severe protection issues to Protection PM
• Degree or diploma in Physiotherapy
• At least 3 years of experience in PT trauma management
• 2 year’s Experience as a trainer of adults in field of expertise
• 2 year’s Experience as Trainer of trainers and/or capacity development/ training projects
• Strong communication and creative facilitation skills
• Strong reporting skills
• Strong organizational and supervisory skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under high pressure
• Basic computer skills demonstrated experience in utilization of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Fluency in local languages
• English is a strong advantage