To ensure Maybank Yangon’s alignment and compliance with Group’s Risk frameworks, policies, guidelines/procedures and methodologies to identify, measure, control & report the respective risk areas.
• Responsible for preparation and submission of periodic Group and Central Bank Myanmar (CBM) Regulatory reports.
• Drive the implementation of Group’s risk frameworks, policies and procedures which covers Non Financial Risk (including Business Continuity Management), Credit, Market and Enterprise Risks.
• Conduct Stress Tests covering Group Stress Test, Ad hoc Stress Test and Localised Stress Test.
• Responsible for BNM CRR Issues and Local regulatory issues and concerns.
• Support the Bank’s Balance Sheet Optimisation and Risk-based Pricing etc. inline with the Risk Appetite Statements set.
• Drive implementation of Risk Infrastructure Management including systems and data management.
• Perform Knowledge Management and Research functions.
• Support the strategic implementation of the Bank’s business plans and goals and business continuity and sustainability.
• Create and promote risk awareness culture across all levels.
• Monitoring of daily operations to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and guidelines, and to ensure that shortcomings or recommendations from the Central Bank, internal & external auditors are attended to appropriately.
• Build and maintain strong rapport with local regulators, Central Bank, as well as other banks within the location of business coverage.
Bachelor’s degree or other related qualifications. Also have Professional Certification and/or training in banking and risk management
• Understanding of Risk Management principles, tools and models.
• Knowledge of credit grading, rating concepts and technical development of such underlying models as well as working knowledge of Basel II accord.
• Analytical skills with working knowledge in the principles of credit risk, market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk and finance.
• Understanding of other non financial risks including IT Security, Cyber Security and Information Risk Management
• Ability to clearly articulate and express a bank or financial institution Risk Appetite.
• Knowledge in areas of banking, compliance, audit, accounting & financial principles.
• Internal customer focused and action oriented with good verbal & written communication skills to communicate and work with all staff across all department.
• Ability and willingness to help and facilitate other department in reducing risk of incident by improving current processes.
• Familiarity with international business protocols and cross cultural practices.