· Establish and maintain effective employee working relations both within the department and with other departments
· Attend selected trade functions, i.e. trade shows and meetings to promote sales and image for the Company
· Analyze and review market changes and implement programs with the Sales Team to meet changes, i.e. changes to the consumers segment, inflation, or competitor initiatives
· Regularly entertain major clients of the Company
· Maintain a high level of exposure for the Company in the major marketing areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone and written communications
· To be responsible for executing the annual training plan for the Sales Team and to ensure that all members of the Sales Team have completed the necessary training program
· Explore new markets and potential accounts for follow-up by Sales Team
· Pay regular visits to all major/key accounts
· Work closely with the General Manager, Operation to ensure that the measurable results targets are achieved
· Analyze and evaluate production with Sales Team and implement sales action plans
· Evaluate and recommend strategic plan on how to address changing market conditions, including trends on the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone, reading material and interaction with direct competitors
· Implement all sales action plans in the Marketing Plan
· Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our consumers
· Conducts regular Marketplace/Sectors analysis.
· Create ongoing activities that promote the Company and its products.
· Learns from customers what the competitors are doing to promote their products.
· Stay up to date with the industry trends through; reads industry publications, visits industry websites and attends conventions, conferences and trade shows. Brand development, advertising, promotions, social media, public relations and sales.
· Develops annual sales strategies for a Company, including the SBUs and the different Brand portfolios; this includes setting sales goals
· Hires and fires salespeople, trains, assigns specific territories/areas, sets quotas and monitors activities.
· Sets and recommends compensation levels, sales commission and bonus structures and creates contests to motivate the sales staff.
· To follow up sales activities with clients & potential clients
· Preferably a university degree or college diploma in Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field is required
· Minimum of 5 years in a similar role with experience in related Sales and Key Accounts Management
· Prior experience developing budgets, forecasting, goal setting and implementing sales strategy is required
· Previous supervisory or management experience in sales required; direct ownership of Key Accounts department will be an advantage
· Background in Alcobev (spirits or beer) and/or FMCG category will be an advantage
· Knowledge of the product and competitive environment is required
· Proof of previous sales success
- Familiar with data analysis and reporting.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
· Understanding of FMCG Distribution Business, Key Accounts Business and National Distribution Networks
· Superior communication and presentation skills are required; must possess fluency in English
· Demonstrated superior command of negotiation skills; able to direct and guide a team of sales professionals through challenging negotiations when necessary
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to achieve all business objectives
· Strong network of connections is an asset
· Leadership, Excellent Communication, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Time Management and Strategic Planning skills