Within Deloitte’s Assurance service line, complex accounting advisory professionals provide advisory services on accounting processes, GAAP conversion and implementation, financial statements preparation and complex transaction-related accounting.
As a Deloitte complex accounting advisory professional, you will be a key member of the team, committed to support our team in building and maintaining relationships with clients and other service lines. Working across various industries in Myanmar, you will assist to plan and execute projects and play an important role in the successful delivery of services to our clients in Myanmar.
During your tenure as an Advisory Services Senior, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Collaborate with the Managers and the Executive Director to execute an engagement that satisfies high client expectations, which includes supporting the planning, execution and delivery of the engagements
• Contribute actively in the engagement team to understand and respond to the client's needs and expectations and develop a focused, accurate, clear and well-presented work product
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and within Deloitte
• Ensure work is timely delivered and in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery
• Assist in the consultation with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues
• May be required to travel within the country for projects (approximately 20 to 30%)
• Approximately 3 years of related work experience
• An undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
• At least 2 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm and particular business/industry experience to meet special needs (preferred)
• CPA/CA/ACCA certification (preferred)
• Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent) (preferred)
• Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS (preferred)
• Strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15, 16 and 17(preferred)
• Ability and comfortable in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Fluent written and verbal English, Burmese and Mandarin (favorable)
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.