Position Title : Senior Finance and Admin Officer (Seconded Staff)
Report to : Country Programme Manager Myanmar
Department : Norwegian Red Cross Myanmar Country Office
Program/Project : All Norwegian Red Cross Supported Projects/Programs
Duty Station : Yangon
Grade : E2
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave+ Quarantine Leave+ Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (10/07/2020), 16:30
The purpose of the Norwegian Red Cross (Norcross ), Myanmar Country Office is to ensure implementation of Norcross's International Strategy at country level through programme support to Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS), as articulated and established in the approved Country Framework. This means that the Country Office (CO) is responsible for ensuring results-based project management, risk management, and operational in-country Movement coordination. Furthermore, the CO is responsible for ensuring project implementation in support to MRCS, in line with established project agreements and project plans. The CO ensures sound technical quality of all country projects, in line with established technical standards and best practices. The CO ensures that Norcross's program support is based on regularly updated humanitarian needs analysis in line with established practices. The CO represents Norcross in-country with regards to external partnerships and relationships. The CO is responsible for in-country security management.
Purpose of the position The purpose of the Country Finance and Administration Officer is to contribute to financial risk management, and provide the financial, logistics and administrative support needed for the country office.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate the financial and administrative functions of the country office in line with Norwegian Red Cross rules and procedures.
2. Support, as necessary, Host National Societies’ capacity building as required on financial management matters pertaining to operations and finance risk management.
3. Prepare the National Field Office (NFO) budget in coordination with relevant Field Office staff.
4. Perform budget analysis as and when required support the Country Program Manager (CPM) in the budget revision process.
5. Daily accounting for the Norwegian Red Cross Field Office in compliance with Norwegian Red Cross Operational Manual, including the Finance and Accounting Manual (FAM) and the Regulations for Financial Control.
6. Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the CPM and the Asia Regional Office (ARO).
7. Check that MRCS supplementary services invoices agree with supporting documentation, and file relevant correspondence herewith.
8. Filing of documents according to guidelines in the Operational Manual/Finance and Accounting Manual.
9. Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance accounts related to the Office. Ensure that the reconciliations are checked and signed by the CPM and sent to Asia RO.
10. Provide details of budget vs. actual expenditure to Country Programme Manager as and when required and give advice on financial matters to make appropriate decisions.
11. Prepare a consolidated monthly expenditure statement (using standard NorCross template) and report these to NorCross Asia RO on a monthly basis.
12. Ensure that the accounting is done in compliance with the relevant back-donor requirements on financial issues/financial management.
13. Ensure that the accounting is done according to deadlines set by HQ / RO. Together with the CPM, ensure control of the overall finance and accounting tasks at the Norwegian Red Cross Field Office. Inform RO on any delays and/or changes.
14. Prepare relevant documentation and financial statements for interim and annual audit in line with the annual Audit Engagement Instructions from external auditor.
15. Coordinate the interim and annual audit of all programmes and CO accounted for via the Field Office.
16. Support the CPM in the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations (in accordance with the Field Office Plan of Action based on the Annual Management Letter).
17. Communicate with auditors and national society to resolve any further issues of regional office and HQ on matters relating to audit.
18. Communicate with Regional Office and HQ and obtain approval on the final Audit reports.
19. Monitor cash flow and keep Country Programme Manager informed on liquidity.
20. Check that invoices are in accordance with goods/services delivered and set conditions, and agree with supporting documentation (price quote, purchase order, goods received note etc.)
21. Under direction from Norwegian Red Cross Country Programme Manager, quality assure, advise and support on budgeting and financial reporting from partners. Monitor and follow-up of finance/admin related issues.
22. Assist National society in preparation of Quarterly cash request and utilization report, review the same and submit it to RO.
23. Monthly spot check of NS for occurrence of expenses, expenses are in accordance with budget and POA, validity of monthly reconciliations and outstanding balances
24. Assist the Norwegian Red Cross Programme Manager to ensure that Norwegian Red Cross Procurement guidelines, and if relevant further donor requirements, are adhered to (for procurement of goods and services) and alert Norwegian Red Cross Programme Manager/RO if this is not the case. Consult RO logistics team when relevant.
25. Update the inventory list for the Field Office plus Norwegian Red Cross residence every time there is a change, at least twice annually. Make sure that every item is properly tagged.
26. Maintain and update the Office Specific Information form for the Field Office.
27. Make travel arrangements including tickets, visas, hotel bookings, office correspondences, minor purchases for Field Office staff and visitors.
28. If relevant, sit in/advise the Procurement Committee on major procurements in line with Norwegian Red Cross’s Procurement Guidelines and donor requirements.
29. Liaise with IFRC/HNS for HR, Admin and Logistics/Fleet related matters.
30. Responsible for collection of time sheets from national staff of Norwegian Red Cross and forward it to the MRCS HR for payroll.
31. Prepare Finance payroll sheet and bank transfer letter after review.
32. Review the hiring request and ToR’s from the requesting department, confirm budget availability and the list of people for the panel interview.
33. Prepare payments and ensure necessary signatures/approvals.
34. Administer the petty cash according to Norwegian Red Cross’s procedures and local laws.
35. Provide/coordinate training on financial management issues for various stakeholders as requested/required.
36. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
37. Maintain and ensure efficient communication and coordination with the CPM, the Asia Regional Finance Manager, the Program Finance Controller, the Accounting Unit and others, at the National Office on financial, administrative, logistic and HR issues.
38. Cooperate with finance and admin personnel in other parts of the RCM in the country in order to minimize financial risk.
39. Develops and manages a comprehensive overview of Norwegian Red Cross office assets.
40. Manages contractual engagement and services for the delegate housing.
41. Coordinates logistics and procurement processes in the region in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross standard procurement practices if necessary.
42. Prepares request for payments ensuring the full supporting documents are in place and ensures that payment requests are signed in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross accountability matrix.
43. Fleet management; Acts as the main focal point for all fleet needs and activities in the country, including fleet maintenance and oversees the adherence to driving rules and regulations.
44. Arranges airport movement at arrival or departure for all Norwegian Red Cross personnel and visitors and prepares a welcome pack for delegates including phones and sim cards, as required.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
· Must be a Myanmar National
· Age between 21 years and 60 years old
· Professional qualification in accounting (Chartered accountant, CPA or equivalent) or Master degree in accounting or Business Administration -accounting option
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a Finance and Administrative role
· Auditing Experience is preferred.
· Experience in working in a humanitarian organization.
· RCRC Movement experience preferred
· Advanced knowledge of accounting concepts, financial management and use reporting applications (e.g. Aggress and Advanced use of excel)
· Understanding of internal control and treasury management concepts
· Advanced skills in computer productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
· Skills in training and developing staff
· Proven ability to engage discretely and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to work towards achieving objectives and results
· Ability to convince and gain acceptance
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Ability to be solution oriented
· Collaborates well with others and supports others in the pursuit of team goals. Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and is firm and reliable
· Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and work in a team
· Commitment to the principles of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement
· Ability to be flexible & adaptable in work and communication styles
· Excellent interpersonal skills in diverse team settings
· Excellent English skills both written and verbal