Position Title : Social Media Officer
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Assistant Manager (Communication)
: Operations Manager
Department : Humanitarian Values & Communication Department
Project Name : COVID-19 preparedness and response operation
Duty Station : Nay Pyi Taw/ Yangon
Grade : D2
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave+ Quarantine Leave+ + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (23/06/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
Humanitarian Values & Communications are promoting the understanding and respect for the Red Cross Principles, emblem, humanitarian values, International Humanitarian Law, and develop a culture of non-violence and peace within the country. To strengthen the role of all members, staff, volunteers, and youth in undertaking humanitarian diplomacy to support vulnerable people in Myanmar. And also to strengthen Communication capacity at all levels to ensure effective and smooth communication, information and reporting in both emergency and normal times.
Purpose of the Position: Within the framework of the Myanmar Red Cross Society policies and procedures and in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement, Social Media Officer will be responsible for planning, writing, posting and evaluating content for MRCS social media accounts, as well as managing interactions with our supporters and members of the public and an intuitive understanding of what makes engaging and interesting content and social media best practice under the direction of Humanitarian Values and Communications Department Director. The Officer role is a key person for reflecting the work of the MRCS, so we are looking for someone with a strong demonstrable track record in planning, writing and posting content and managing social media communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Using industry best practices and metrics benchmarks, collaborate on the development of digital content strategies for organizational priorities and themes, and lead on their execution.
2. Create, edit, repurpose and deliver a wide variety of engaging content for digital channels targeted at range of key audiences including the general public.
3. Support the development of a narrative-driven approach to digital communications, prioritizing engagement over simply publishing, and working with internal stakeholders to assess content opportunities, provide content strategy recommendations, and evaluate the strategic value of proposed content.
4. Work closely with Communications team to develop an integrated and coherent approach to communications and activities across online and traditional channels, using media opportunities to drive engagement and digital content’s impact.
5. Ensure the accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimized for search and audience engagement, partnering with A/V producers, social media leads, web editors, and other communication officers. Providing ongoing evaluation of success of social media content initiatives after publication.
6. Sourcing and commissioning content for MRCS channels; contributing creative ideas to help achieve MRCS strategic aims.
Campaigns and activities
7. Provide strategy, ideas and support to shape and drive campaigns and activities (COVID-19 relatives).
8. Identify and collaborate on reactive opportunities, contributing social media input to quick turn-around campaigns.
9. Planning, writing and scheduling engaging COVID-19 and its relative posts for MRCS social media accounts, including web page, Facebook, You tube, Twitter, etc.
10. Keeping up to date with emerging digital trends, always looking for opportunities to further the work of MRCS.
11. Working with colleagues and developing their ideas and projects into effective content for MRCS social media channels concerns with COVID-19 relatives.
12. Updating the social media calendar and scheduling content so the organizations different themes and priorities do not clash.
13. Identifying opportunities for social media content testing, implementing activities to evaluate and understand audience behavior and engagement.
14. COVID-19 responding to questions with consultation of Director.
15. Evaluating and reporting on our social media content, feeding back to other teams and departments COVID-19 relatives.
16. Support the Director in assessing information needs internally and externally.
17. Monitor social media for reputation risk management concerns about COVID-19 relative . issue.
18. Train, guide and support colleagues in headquarters and branches to manage and report on social media platforms and activities. Be available as an ongoing resource for training and campaign evaluation.
19. Build capacity and internal knowledge on best practices, with a focus on content development and audience engagement.
20. Support the Director for COVID-19 relative respond to build a well-functioning Humanitarian Values and Communications Department within MRCS and create an effective network of information with/among branches, countrywide.
21. Produce quarterly reports and submit it to the Assistant Communication Manager.
22. Find appropriate and creative ways of communication to strengthen the MRCS information network.
23. Assist to Assistant Communication Manager in organizing Press Conference, Campaigns, Special Events and communications activities.
24. Be a focal person for Social Media Response Team for COVID-19 respond relatives issue.
25. Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Humanitarian Values and Communication.
Duties applicable to all staff
26. Actively work towards the achievement of MRCS goals
27. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
28. Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
29. Respect and adhere to MRCS staff and volunteer code of conduct
Skills and Competencies
· Must be a Myanmar National
· Age between 25 to 45 years
· University degree in relevant area
· At least 2 years working experience in information management/ communication field
· Excellent skill and experience in Digital Media
· Experience in programme management including in planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and budget control
· Experience in facilitation of trainings and workshops
· Experience in promotion of Humanitarian Values
· Good knowledge of producing IEC materials
· Good leadership skills and ability to work on won initiative and to solve problem
· Good computer literacy and good knowledge of applications (especially Photoshop, illustrator, video, editing software, etc.)
· Willingness and ability to travel to sites programme over 30% of time
· Ability to translate Myanmar to English and English to Myanmar
· Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Understanding of the Red Cross Movement and willingness to actively promote Red Cross fundamental principles
· Knowledge of different communication channels and how to reach different audience
· Ability to build excellent working relationships with internal and external partners
· Good understanding of humanitarian or development sector
· Good interpersonal skills
· Fluently spoken and written (Myanmar & English)