Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Structural Engineer will be responsible for the
provision of structural engineering services. The Structural Engineer will play a key role in ensuring the safety
and quality of UNOPS Myanmar infrastructure works.
S/he will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Prepare design briefs and design reports that address specific clients and stakeholder requirements and specifications as and when necessary.
- Prepare comprehensive design documentation, specifications, bar bending schedules, and other project documents to meet the required quality and detail.
- Carry out the structural design of services for projects according to the client’s design requirement and as per applicable international standards and codes of practices.
- Strong ability in producing structural bills of quantities of the projects proposed.
- Assist in monitoring the delivery of services design documents. Highlight possible none or late delivery prior to the event.
- Carry out structural site inspections and assessments as required.
- Assist in the development of specifications, procedures and QA protocols when required.
- Carry out research and identify appropriate technologies/techniques/designs that can be incorporated into the project design.
- Assist in carrying out technical reviews as appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing and certifying Structural design documentation as a third party independent body when required.
- Assist in coordinating the team eort to complete any task as would be required and appropriate if assigned.
- Handling and responding to the queries raised by the UNOPS Design Review Team during the final review of the completed design package.
- Work closely with MEP engineers, Architects, draftsperson, and other engineers in the planning of projects, scheduling of tasks, and developing an integrated design.
- Conduct extensive consultation and coordination with the Engineering sub-division of the Ministry of Health.
- Assist in coordinating the works and submissions with all other disciplines; Architectural and MEP Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
Files and Reports:
- Ensuring the documents are prepared to meet the quality standard requirements.
- Provide support in recording design data and drawings at different stages of the project
- With the guidance and support of the Project Manager, organize and upload project implementation documents in the right period.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Assist in ensuring project design and construction quality is high, observing all local/international and UN standards applicable, and all relevant health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Performance Appraisal.
- A Master’s degree in Civil engineering or Structural Engineering is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering or Structural Engineering with an additional 2 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of the Master´s degree.
- minimum 2 years of experience (or more depending on academic credentials) in structural design and consultancy services of buildings construction.
- Comprehensive knowledge in computer software, particularly structural analysis software is required.
Fluency in Myanmar and English Language is required.