These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be
short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
1. Coordinate and manage emergency activities in line with proposals, strategies and donor
requirements guided by IAPM/Project Managers
2. Lead training and developing the emergency team, Including partner staff and other NRC other
3. Ensure quality of Emergency team work is high technical quality and transparent processes
4. Adherence to emergency standards handbooks and other NRC policies.
5. Represent NRC in internal and external forums
6. Responsible for project documentation and tools
7. Managing and monitoring the budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
8. Identifying potential partners with whom assessments and emergency interventions could be
established projects in Myanmar.
9. Promote rights of conflict on disaster-affected people and ensure mainstreaming of protection
concerns in all emergency response activities.
10. Directly line manage the daily activities and long term work plans of the emergency Officers and
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of
operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a
new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
Coordinate closely with the local partners in Rakhine State
Work with Area Manager to facilitate access to project sites, beneficiaries and manage relationships
with local authorities
Supervises the emergency programs implementation in Rakhine under supervision of AM and in
accordance to the guidance of respective project managers
Develop Plans of Action and SoPs to be used in the event of quick on set emergencies
Ensure Emergency officer provides quality supervision and support emergency assistant with
mapping of and building capacity of CBOs on early warning systems, emergency response and
protection fundamentals and lifesaving practices and preparedness planning
Ensure the emergency officer are correctly supporting the dissemination information as part of
awareness raising campaigns
Undertake any other duties assigned by the AM and when required;
Direction and management to emergency team including the development of job descriptions and
Coordinate cash voucher/NFI distribution to potential beneficiaries and work closely with program
Record lessons learning and improve the efficacy and effectiveness of the organization
Contribute to emergency proposal development
Collect and update emergency related state/regional information and create emergency database.
Support of and training of emergency officers and assistant and partner staff
Provide appropriate training activities to emergency program staff in collaboration with IAPM/AM
Prepare progress and quality inputs for the final reports of projects
Responsible for Securing Supporting Documentation (SSD) for support documents in both Field
Report to AM and SFP any security incidents in accordance with the SOP
Attend meetings related to safety, security and emergency response
Establish a good working environment based on the NRC values
Undertake any other related tasks that the line manager considers
Generic professional competencies for this position:
Minimum 3-4 year of experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Technical CC expertise
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Valid driver’s license
Context related skills; knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
Knowledge of the context in Myanmar/Rakhine
Knowledge of Myanmar language desirable, fluency in written and spoken English essential
Experience with program start-up valuable
Experience with similar position in other organizations
Experience in training and capacity building of teams and staff
Experience of working with Civil Societies