- Teaching qualification in Physical Education essential, coaching qualification also desirable.
- Min 4-5 years of experience teaching both primary and secondary students of mixed ability, in a coeducational and international environment.
- Has the ability to teach in both English and French.
- Is passionate about teaching and learning with an excellent knowledge and understanding of assessment in physical education.
- The ability to teach gymnastics is essential
- Is prepared to do replace cover for colleagues who may be away with sport teams etc.
- Is willing to assume responsibilities for organizing annual events such as sports days and ski days
- Has experience of delivering the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
- Is willing to coach and contribute to the extra-curricular sports program.
- The ability to be a good team player is essential
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV, three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Alexandra Conchard, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie Campus by 28th April 2021 mentioning the reference number 230 123.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.
Ecolint offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including a contribution to the payment of health insurance. In addition, the Foundation has sickness and pension schemes superior to legal requirements. Members of staff may be granted full or partial reduction of school fees for dependent children. We also encourage expatriate staff to maintain contact with the culture of their home country and their relatives. Home Leave is granted to senior management and teaching staff who are entitled to moving expense benefitsand whose home station is outside Switzerland.