1. JOB SUMMARY
The Trainer is responsible for the development and subsequent administration of training program/activities for all terminal personnel via coordination with all department heads and people supervisors and in consultation with external training institutes and government agencies so as to ensure training programs are effective and fully meet terminal requirements.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for the planning, integrating and coordinating of the efforts for the training requirements at the terminal
· Conduct research and analysis to obtain training resources availability, both internal and external and formulate training plans and schedules commensurate with training needs.
· Administer training programs and track staff training progress toward fulfilling training requirements and produce regular reports to update the department managers.
· Source for suitable external training centers and recommend training courses to meet regulatory training requirements.
· Plan and submit yearly budget for training and ensure the budgets are duly managed.
· Coordinate with government agencies and the external institutes and work with internal departments to interpret regulatory requirements for any legal external training requirements in order to validate training priorities and content.
· Prepare training aides and material to enhance employee understanding and conduct safety, operations, equipment, etc training for staff if required.
· Co-ordinate with the different departments for training schedule.
· Monitors overall course effectiveness through appropriate field inquiries and feedback.
· Keep abreast of changing training/educational technology as it relates to safety, industrial best practices in fuel distribution terminal operations and recommend improvement.
· Consolidate training results and submit to the HR department for record keeping.
· Ensure training records are documented and correctly filled in and filed.
· To regularly update the Training Procedures, ensure all personnel are fully trained and in compliance with the SSHE standards and has zero tolerance of non-compliance to safety standards.
· Monitor and achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Reportable health and safety incidents
· No. of training completed against plan
· Job role competency rate
· Class attendance rate
· Employee retention rate
· Positive feedback from fellow employees and customers for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Knowledge of applicable codes, regulations and standards, such as OSHA and process safety related.
· Proficient in the use of PPE and other safety or rescue related gears.
· Ability to read and interpret documents & the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Able to communicate in English effective both orally and in written form.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Proficient with MS Office programs
· Experience in the management of security guards in oil terminal with vessel, barge, and truck operations
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Engineering Diploma.
· At least 5 years' capacity as an Trainer (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 7 years’ experience as Assistant Trainer.
· First aid/CPR certificate
· OSHA training