Technical Quality and Supervision
• Coordinate all work and supervision time with partners and WPE Roving Technical specialist to ensure quality
• Provide guidance and technical support to key implementing partner through regular field monitoring visits.
• Develop capacity building plans for individual partner staff and community workers
• Support WPE Senior GESI Officer to design gender mainstreaming workshop to reach targeted villages
• Together with WPE Roving Technical Specialist, develop Women’s Leadership training curriculum and design a TOT training package for target villages.
• Support partner staff to provide basic case management and psychosocial activities for survivors of GBV according to the Interagency GBV Case management Guidelines
• Support partner establishment of WGWCs (safe spaces), capacity building of staff and scheduling of activities according to the desires of women and girls and including life-skills sessions with adolescent girls on menstrual hygiene management, nutrition and WASH.
• Support partner organizations to oversee outreach activities designed to provide communities with information on where women and girls can access GBV services.
• Support WPE Senior Officer to conduct GBV attitude, knowledge and skills assessments for partner staff to demonstrate capacity
• Provide technical capacity building and training to key partner organizations and other actors in Kayah State
• Ensure all training materials and plans are aligned with IRCs global and contextually adapted guidelines
• Ensure response work with survivors, including case management and psychosocial interventions, adheres to best-practice principles when working with survivors of GBV.
• Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy.
• Provide training and capacity building to other IRC and partner departments in conjunction with department managers.
• Ensure safe collaboration and referral between and to other agencies as necessary, particularly with cases involving minors and high risk perpetrators.
• Assist with recruitment for staff that will work for the WPE program
• Ensure positive relationships with IRC and partner staff
• Supervise, and provide performance management feedback for Kayah WPE team members
• Identify and communicate capacity building needs for overall program implementation
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
• Prepare and maintain/update detailed work plan(s) in coordination with partners that support and achieve program activities.
• Manage and monitor expenditures and budgets to ensure that all spending is in line with approved spending plans and timelines
• Work with the WPE Roving Technical Specialist, the Partnerships coordinator, M&E and partner staff to ensure program documentation system is adequate.
• Analyze information coming from the field to share with the WPE Roving Technical Specialist and to improve quality and effectiveness of activities.
• Undertake regular monitoring and evaluation of activities to assess progress, identify issues, collect information, and document lessons learned.
• Regularly consult with the community, and improve upon program activities and approaches in partnership with partner staff and community workers.
• Provide accurate and regular narrative reports, as well as document results and maintain detailed records of program activities for timely submission, as required by IRC policies.
• Support drafting of program semi-annual/annual donor report as required.
• Support drafting of program briefing materials, and respond to requests for program information from IRC Regional Management, IRC HQ, donors, Myanmar Government and others
• Contribute to develop of concept notes, proposals and strategic plans related to the WPE sector in Kayah.
Coordination and Representation
• Coordinate with supply chain team to ensure transportation for survivor for lifesaving case management
• Coordinate cross -sectoral deployments for capacity building at the village level training to ensure the engagement of women and girls and advocacy efforts for IASC and gender mainstreaming objectives; Ensure partner coordination in NGCAs.
• Liaise and coordinate with other UN and NGO partners, ministry departments, local authorities, and beneficiaries in planning, response to the program and participating in international events.
• Liaise regularly and work closely with program, operations and finance staff in Kayah/Yangon to coordinate program planning.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including key implementing partner and community leaders. Regularly attend GBV sub-cluster meetings in the field as well as other cluster meetings as appropriate.
• Consistently monitor/assess the safety and security of the WPE team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to the WPE Roving Technical Specialist and other IRC senior staff.
• Work closely with IRC operations staff to ensure timely and compliant program implementation and expenditures.
• Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with IRC Operational policies.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Science, Public Health, Humanities or other related field, desirable.
• At least three-four years of experience managing programs; experience in direct service provision or managing programs that focus on violence against women, gender equality and women’s leadership
• Commitment to learning and taking initiative to ensure programming reflects best practices and is adapted to contextual needs.
• Clear understanding of gender equality, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls
• Strong coordination and partnership skills; knowledge and best practice around partnership principles
• Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting as well as work with implementing partners
• Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients
• Knowledge and experience with community outreach and mobilization
• Experience facilitating trainings and workshops and mentoring others
• Experience living and working in a high pressure and provide positive track record of adapting to sensitive contexts
• Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English, Burmese and local languages preferred