Economic Lecturer (Part Time)
by Acumen International College in , Yangon, Myanmar
Research, Teaching & Training
Mar 23, 2023
Role & Responsibilities:
Lecturing & Curriculum Preparation
- Preparing Scheme of Works (SOWs) and delivering lectures, assessments, tutorials and tests (due to the schedule based) for the respective qualifications running at AIC.
- Developing curriculum and course materials of the teaching the modules must be usable for different platforms (e-learning, or face-to-face etc).
- Teaching classes via appropriate platforms as set by AIC for every term of the programs by following the SOWs and the Academic Calendar provided by the Program Management.
- Advising and assisting in the curriculums of the other associate teaching lecturers in your specialty subject(s).
- Arrive promptly at lessons, tutor sessions and dismiss students at the correct times.
- Prepare lesson materials and to mark students’ work consistent with partner organization's assessment policy.
- Keep appropriate records of individual students’ work and achievements, consistent with departmental and school policy to make a proper contribution to the writing of school reports.
- Perform any necessary administration duties for the betterment of academic performance of students and organization.
Assessments & Verification.
- Setting, marking and grading assessments such as, assignments, projects, practical tests, tutorials, tests, and exams via online and offline.
- Producing Marker’s reports after every formal assessment to submit it back to the programme team and NCUK team for further review and discussions.
- Collaborating with other academics and lecturers to improve teaching methods, verification processes for assessments and expand knowledge base for the designated programmes of AIC.
Leading & Advisory
- Leading and advising the Academic processes of any matter (especially- in the assessments & verification processes) for the other associate teaching lecturers and the Academic Team, to be in line with the Academic Quality requirement of the Partner organization.
- Monitoring the student progress and advising them on a regular basis for the improvement.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience of the specialized subject in College and University Levelthat relate to the delivery of a Western-style syllabus using Western conventions and methodologies.
- Ability to contribute to integrated teaching across the curriculum.
- Experience of assessment and standards, and of quality assurance procedures
- Commitment to working in an educational environment that offers academic rigour and excellence in teaching.
- An understanding of and experience in working in UK/Western Higher Education and the needs and requirements of international students is essential.
- A record of achievement in teaching.
- Sound knowledge of curriculum and lesson plannings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and experience in teaching to Non-native speakers of English.
- Ability to build community through positive interactions with parents.
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates use of initiative while showing flexibility and adaptability.
- A commitment to teamwork, to working flexibly and to seeking solutions to problems
- Competence in the effective use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT).
- Ability to contribute to study qualification development.
- Ability to set, review and mark formative and summative assessments in line with a published syllabus.
- A record of attention to detail, thoroughness and fairness.
- Ability to priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal resources.
Qualifications: Bachelor/ Masters Degree in specialized subject area or higher from an accredited institution
Part-Time: 8 to 12 Hours (per week)
Classes: Physical (Face-to-Face)
- Teaching sharing Knowledge
- Teaching and Presentation
- Teaching and Training
- Teaching, Coaching
Mar 23, 2023
Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar
Expats or Repats Preferred
Acumen International CollegeView profile
Education & Training
No-602-603, 6th Floor, Times Mall, Times City, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Other similar jobs that might interest you